Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yes. Givens may be back, too early to know. To me Jmac doesn't really make much sense unless we have no more Drew and Givens isn't ready.

2. I'm sorry, I must have missed all those plays where Carson Palmer runs passing routes all over the field... :rolleyes:

3. Yes, but he was way ahead of schedule on his recovery and still was slowed early on.

I'm not going to guarantee that Givens won't contribute early on, but the odds say he won't. They can't go into the season expecting him to be able to start. And they can't even guarantee how well he'll be playing by the end of the season. They need someone else capable of starting

4. I'd say JMac (if cheap) makes perfect sense if Bennett is gone. Bring him back with a 1 year deal, which would let him try to re-prove himself and then be a free agent again. And after than year, Givens should be back and ready by 2008.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Drew Bennett, yes im serious, no I dont do drugs, and we need more of a reciever that will catch middle lenght passes, at teh very end of the side line or down the middle, bc we drop alot of those, and no its not just bennett, he does drop balls, but he makes plays when he does catch it, and he is probably the most consistent out of all our WRs, but i credt that to the fact that theyre all rookies or 2nd yr players, next to Givens, which is injured.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

My point is, stop being so negative, and hope for a quick return for Givens... :rolleyes:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was surprised with Brandon Jones' recovery time though I think he'll be much better in '07.. Maybe Givens can rebound as quickly to contribute some next season. But if his situation is typical, don't expect anything close to 100% until '08.

9. I'm being realistic. You should be too...

Hell, if I was being negative I'd say he'll never be good again. But I'm going to assume he's back to normal (have we even established "normal" from him yet?) by 2008.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Right...that's why I mentioned "early on". I remember reading an interview in JMac's second Jets season where Penn mentioned he was getting better at leading and hitting him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar