Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by crypta333, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Their are a bunch of teams with some crappy WRs. Watching the Jets/Pats game last night was painful.

2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

As he prepares for a possible NFL debut this Sunday in Houston, Titans rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter has reason to feel a little better about himself.

The second-round draft pick from the University of Tennessee, who has taken a healthy dose of criticism from wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson since training camp, said he actually heard a few words of praise from Jefferson this week.

“Coach complimented me (on Wednesday) and he really doesn’t give too many compliments,” Hunter said. “I had to double-check and ask him if he meant to say that.”

What exactly did Jefferson tell Hunter?

“He said, `Good practice. We need another tomorrow,’” Hunter said. “It’s the only compliment I ever heard him say.”

Hunter was inactive during last week’s opener, but with Damian Williams (hamstring) questionable this week, Hunter may see his first regular-season action.

“It felt bad (sitting out) and it got to me a little bit,” Hunter said. “But I just put it out of my head and practiced harder.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hopefully all this tough love will turn Hunter into a beast.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If Hunter comes in and plays well Jefferson is gonna look like an absolute genius. Honestly props to Hunter for handling this situation so well. He's shown a lot of humility, maturity, and class for being such a young man. Most young hotshots would have told Jefferson to shove it or started complaining to anyone who would listen. Justin seems like a good kid and a hard worker. With his natural talent, there is not way this kid won't be at least pretty good.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea I think they might have seen a sense of entitlement and stole a page outta the patriots way of doing things... Shut em down. Humiliate him. Watch him suffer. Make him get in line and earn his turn.

It always seems to work in NE

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Well, it usually works. But every now and then you'll have a player murder a few people.

Still totally worth it, though.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I agree that he needs some real time game experience to further improve. Looking forward to watching him.

8. Guinness0514

Guinness0514 Starter

Hope so...I am sitting on him in a keepers league for a dollar...would love to have another AJ Green on my hands...

9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

broncos beat us, but other than them and atlanta i agree.

10. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar