Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by crypta333, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

As usual, your perception is not reality. I have never "hated" on Wright. I didn't like the pick over David DeCastro and I still feel the same way. Wright is a fine person and a quality WR. Was he worth the 1st round pick? Probably not IMO. More like 2nd. Is Wright a true WR1? Probably more like a quality WR2 IMO.

Was it worth trading up to get Hunter? I'm not sure yet. I haven't seen a tremendous amount out of him yet. He's made a couple of jump balls in the end zone, so I guess that's good, but I haven't seen the "awesome" production from him yet that warrants the level of fan fervor I see on this board. I suspect the excitement is a lot of UT spillover.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You hate on first round WR picks every time they happen. Just figure you would continue to hate until proven wrong, as usual.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WR's are one of the few positions that warrant 1st round picks now. You either get elite talent thats in the 1st round or you invest in 3 year project guys like Nate Washington & Damian Williams types.

Ruston Webster knows what he's doing targeting Wright and Hunter early.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Only time will tell. Wright is gonna have a 1000 yards which is good. He is like our wes welker.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea he has some Welker in him, but he's much quicker. And since he's quicker, that'll go further in all those underneath routes they both run.

Pretty soon people could be saying Wright>Welker if we could just get us a QB that doesn't get hurt or throw games away.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Back to reality. Since I hate on first round WR picks every time, which other time(s) have I hated on a first round WR pick? Britt? Don't recall ever commenting on that pick.

And just what other "hating until proven wrong" are you referencing? Saying somebody is "hating" or is a "hater" is a copout. It's similar to labelling somebody a "racist". The terms evoke such a negative sentiment that the focus of the issue being discussed is frivously shifted to having to defend that invalid label. Readers deserve better treatment than that. Especially when such terms are unfounded.

I suggest you live in an "all or none" "black or white" "if you ain't wit me, you agin me" world. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you does not mean your opinion is not as valid as theirs. Let that sink in.

7. Alex1939

You are so easy lol

"Hater" does not have the same connotation as "Racist" to the current generation. It's just a phrase meaning disliking/harping/criticizing someone... like how I am a VY hater.

NSFW

I'm just pointing out that you looked for a reason to "hate" on Hunter for only 1 catch just as you "hated" on him during the draft, just like you "hated" on Wright during the draft.

Which you are entitled to your opinion. I just think in a few years you will say, that Hunter pick turned out pretty well, just like the Wright pick has.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I think the titans knew deep down that Britt was gone last year, and the hope for hunter is for him to get playing time and really step up next year. Hunter has gotten better he has the speed great leaping ability and size. Question was toughness, and I think he is getting tougher each week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Yeah I think Pollard has been really helpful in toughening up Hunter.

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I think Nate was just a lucky catch.. Pittsburgh would love to have him back now, just like we would probably like Donny Avery back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar