Justin Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dangerousone, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I didn't expect him to make the impact that he has... he's our leading receiver know I think, and he wasn't really utilized much until recently. I agree he's probably not a #1 because of his speed, so we need to find one. But he's been the best of all our receivers so far, and Vince is starting to trust him. That TD this weekend was all trust that Gage would go up and get the ball. If we had a TE that VY could develop that with, I think between him and Gage we'd be ok even without a "#1" receiver.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I doubted Gage, but also said that maybe he can be another Bobby Wade. A guy that can't get on the field in Chicago, but can be a great role player. And that's what he's been.
    He's our most consistent receiver, and I trust him more than anyone else to make the tough catch...or easy catch. haha

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm trying to figure out why people keep saying Gage isn't fast. Gage is a 6'4, 215 pound guy who ran a 4.43 prior to the draft. 4.43 isn't slow, especially for a guy with his size. Is Chad Johnson fast enough to be a #1 WR? He ran a 4.57 when he came out. If Gage isn't a #1 WR it isn't because he lacks speed. Gage could be one of those late boomers who is just starting to hit his stride and he could end up being a very good WR, maybe even a #1. I like what we are seeing so far.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gage has definitely been a pleasant surprise, hope he flourishes and becomes the receiver that VY has needed the last couple of seasons

just waiting for someone to step in a fill in the shoes as perennial #1 WR

somebody, anybody

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

True... I had no idea what he ran. I was going more on just general impressions from the games - doesn't look that fast, but then again Vince doesn't look it either and somehow he always is able to leave people on the ground as he turns the corner. Speed on a receiver can be overrated sometimes, really acceleration is the key... coming off the line and out of a break. I'll watch him a little closer next week.

Either way, I think he's probably surprised all of us. Speed or not, he's running great routes and catching pretty much everything that comes his way. I really thought we'd see more from Jones and Williams this year, and we have at times but Gage is becoming Vince's go-to guy. I'll be interested to see if Ealy gets activated with Jones possibly out a bit.

6. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

we will probably bring up Veal agian
    :suspect:

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

veal was released bro

8. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

i knew that...i was just point out with sarcasim how that turned out

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Back on the signing date, I liked the way somebody summed up why Gage could work (think it was GLinks), and it basically came down to he fits into what we require. A big body, good blocker and athletic guy who can nab errant throws. He's a great role player (he wants to cast magic missile, after all), and definitely a pleasant surprise, but a flashy, big-play WR would go along with his role nicely. ...Of course, any team could say they want another big-play WR. Cards certainly do right now.

10. smili

smili Starter

I'm very pleased with how Gage is playing. I didn't expect much, but he's got good hands and is a red zone threat. He can go up and get a ball. He's earned his playing time. Looks like a good move by MR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar