Just wondering how you felt about Hawaii.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanGuy, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

So as we all know the BCS race is tight, but i was wondering that if Hawaii wins out do they deserve to be in a BCS bowl. All they need to do is be in the top 12 to qualify for a BCS bowl. Would you be against them being in it for whatever reason. Just wondering.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They do not deserve a BCS Bowl. Not only have they not played anyone, they've barely beaten some of the nobodies they've played. A one point win in OT to beat Louisiana Tech.
    If they win their last 2, then I think they should get a decent bowl, but no BCS.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As long as they are in the top 12 I have no problem giving them a BCS bowl. They play Boise and have to win to get there. If they win that game why not? Boise did the same thing last year and ended up beating Oklahoma.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree, if Hawaii beats Boise they deserve a BCS game.

Let them see how they stack up against a real team.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i say give Hawaii a shot in a BCS game.. they deserve it

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Why not give them a BCS Bowl? We all know about their spread O, but their Defense is actually good for a change, ranked about 32nd in the nation if I remember right.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, Boise State won this same conference last year and went undefeated thus getting a BCS Bowl bid. So why shouldn't Hawaii this year?

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Excuse me for being a bit biased, but hell yeah, they deserve a bowl!

They showed who they really were with this matchup vs. Boise...they dominated the fourth quarter, and then took the class route by running the clock down with the ball on 1 and goal.

I wonder if Tom Brady was watching :grrhee:

Like Bulluck said above: they went undefeated and took the conference.

It will be interesting to see if Colt Brennen goes on to be as great as coach Jones thinks he is, and is not in fact a "product of the system" as Tommy Chang turned out to be.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think you have to beat someone in the regular season. I know Boise won their bowl last year, but still, you are basically rewarding a team for being in a weak conference and playing no decent out of conference games.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

They beat Boise state. Im sorry, but that isnt overly impressive to me. Who they are is a team that can win the WAC, which is nothing more than a mid major conference. Boise winning last year is going to ruin the BCS more than it is already ruined. 9 out of 10 WAC teams in a BCS bowl will be beaten by more than 20. IF a school from a mid major conference wants to be in a BCS bowl, they should play, and beat a really good program during the regular season. Neither Hawaii or Boise did that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar