Just when I thought Climer had mellowed a bit....BAM!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They also had an excellent running game and a dominant defense. They basically just told Dilfer to go out there and not turn the ball over.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

of course. I was talking Dilfer himself.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tj

In a perfect world, McNair has 3 seasons in him. But when you factor in his price tag plus his retirement talk from last off-season to him being injury prone...no way someone puts all their chips on him for 3 years.

I think he COULD be very good for 3 more years, but given the above...it won't happen I don't think.

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Gt3801

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Boller's first couple of years he had WR's who didn't catch the ball but he did have Heap and an awesome running game. They played super conservative for the most part. Last year was gonna be his first real season with all the weapons you could want...until they suddenly couldn't run....at all! And then all the pressure was on him and he wasn't ready for that yet. I think he needs sometime on the bench and bringing in McNair would do wonders for his learning. Maybe he'll never become the QB he was drafted to become, but I think with a good role model and a year on the bench, further development could happen. If it doesn't Baltimore will draft an heir to understudy McNair in next years draft if Boller still can't do the job.

As far as the Jets go, I live in NY and 2 of my best friends are die hard Jets fans so I keep a close eye on them and the Giants (my mom's favorite team). The Jets are not that far removed from a nice playoff run in which they had Pitt beat. While Abraham surprisingly played the whole season and they aquired Law and his 10 INT's, Law was not as good as you might think based on those numbers and they had major injuries at OL (which wrecks your running game) and QB. An impotent offense is usually a deathblow. And no starting QB for 2 years kills your record! This year, they drafted to rebuild the OL (which should do wonders for their running game getting back into gear and keeping the QB's upright), still have a good D (as they already have Thomas...a first rd pick a couple of years ago to replace Abraham), and have a coaching staff that knows how to win BIG games! With McNair at QB behind a GOOD OL with a good running game and a good defense and I could see these guys making a run. Plus, Mangini has intimate knowledge of how to attack Belichecks D most effectively and NE is their main rival until Losman figures out how to play QB. When you look at the Jets current QB's...Klemons is the only guy that excites you. No QB ever has come back from 2 rotator cuff injuries to his throwing shoulder. Ramsey is their only hope for immediate performance and Klemons is their future. But Ramsey has a bit of Bledsoe in him...the bad part about making one or two bonehead throws a game. I told one of my friends that they should have traded for McNair when they stole Dinger!

Mangini and co will be conservative with their first gig as head coach and gm. Unfortunately, Curtis Martin isn't getting any younger so if they are gonna win now, they need a QB! C'est la vie...

Unfortunately for us, I see teams that could really use McNair but aren't showing any interest!

Gut

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I fully agree. But I think McNair feels differently.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dang ratbirds

Wait. That was our plan...
    or is that The Billy Volek Project? :ravens:

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If McNair doesn't take them to the next level he will be gone...they will drop him like an 11 million dollar rock.

Remember...he wants to start...not play show-n-tell with his "heir"....

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

is that some kind of pun? If I had a rock that was worth 11 million dollars odds are I could carry it around in the pocket of my pants.:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar