Just reported on ESPN, Joe Paterno is near death

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Shanvhere, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

Not at all. This is easily the worst generation. Ever seen the people on MTV now. Cribs, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore... worst of the worst.
  2. Alex1939

Oh and all I really have to add is that I hope I never hear about Joe Pa or Penn State at least until next college football season.

I think what's really disgusting is the absolute love fest over a football coach. I'm pretty tired of when athlete's or celebrity's die that people act like it's so horrible.

People die end of story. I don't need breaking coverage on ESPN about his death.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I'm pretty sure if you were black, female, etc you might be able to overlook what is on TV today for SLIGHTLY worse circumstances in previous generations..

jesus christ...
  4. Alex1939

It's such an amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of spoiled idiots.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8r1CZTLk-Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Love that Louis CK bit.

But I'd argue it's the technology and "ease" of everything that has caused recent generations to be so s****y. I'm 28, so I'm just old enough to remember when everything wasn't "right at your fingertips" and instantaneous (although some of you geezers might laugh at that notion). But people who are 20-ish and younger really don't. Most kids these days never knew a world without Facebook. Without cell phones. Without DVRs and streaming TV. Without amazing video game consoles. Without the internet to answer any question they may have.

You grow up with all that technology and information at your fingertips and you're bound to be more spoiled and entitled than previous generations.
  6. World Peace

World Peace n/a

You watch teen mom? Who is your favorite mom?
  7. Alex1939

Do I watch it, no. Have I seen it, yes.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I'm with you on this, but I wouldn't call the youts of today "s****y". Hell, a 16 year old girl may have just cured cancer in California. That's not so s****y is it?
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I didn't mean ALL. Just the vast majority. Hopefully they grow out of their selfish, entitled natures though.
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I do not know if this is the best generation. It will be hard to say any generation is the best with how mush media coverage we have today. I do think a strong case can be made for how much more of an interest has been taken in equality.

As far as the attitudes go, I hope one day people grow out of it like mentioned above.

Good people have lost houses, cars, jobs and much more that you can't put a price on. I don't enjoy seeing celebrities talk about their wealth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.