Just read this .... Fire everybody

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Glad to hear you say that. This SHOULD serve as the straw that broke the camel's back. Unfortunately, I believe Munch will play this low-key rather than expose the coaches he hired. I really think he should make some IMMEDIATE move to demonstrate to the other coaches, the players and fans that he IS in charge and DOES hold people accountable. The risk of firing Gray and promoting an interim is worth it. Playing it low-key isn't going to change an already dysfunctional team. I still believe he lost the team when we were 1-3 and he has done nothing, despite the 2 wins, to bring the players back on board. I believe hey think he and his coaching staff are a joke.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any firing of the DC won't result in wholesale changes of the defensive schemes, IMO. What it would do is give someone else the ability to call the defense formations throughout the game. That can be huge.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's bad when your coaches and players are this clueless.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Additionally, it would hopfully allow for the defence to be better prepared. Frank Bush has DC experience. Maybe let him have a good at it the rest of the year. Can't get much worse.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Reason #2 not to fire Gray

He gets released tomorrow, someone from within is promoted and we move up 10 spots in defensive rank. Is the organization going to give the guy they promoted a year to prove himself since he improved the defense?

I dont even want that to be an option.

3 seconds after the last game of the season, fire Gray.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Good point. That probably would happen with this team.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They usually only give interim status which means it's always evaluated at the end of the season. If someone steps in and the Titans D jumps 10 spots, that interim could be worthy of the job. But nothing would ever be guaranteed.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Its not as if I feel like we need to go out and hire a big name. Its just that after Gray, Im really wanting to this time. I dont know who will be the best available but I hope he is working on our sidelines next season.

Okay, well I guess I do want to go out and hire a big name lol

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

for me its more about principle. You shouldn't be allowed to be this bad at what you do and still keep your job. IDC about wholesale changes right now. Just appease the fans and show that the front office actually cares.

10. dred

dred Starter

from the sounds of it, the Titans could use a complete overhaul like Indy has done.

can't tell you how many times Polian and Caldwell used to frustrate the crap out of us Colts fans.

The lame excuses for the sorry ass results on the field got old fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar