just pay haynesworth what he wants.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We F*d ourselves when we didnt pay him this offseason. We knew it'd happen. MR being a cheap-ace would cost us our best player. And it will.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the problem is we have zero size on the line other than haynesworth. the only guy we have over 300 lbs other than albert is kevin vickerson and he's only active half the time.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. I recommend the Titans make an offer to make Haynesworth the highest paid DT in the league the first day of his free agent status. That would show him that they recognize the great player he is, and want him in Tennessee badly. He is the most dominate DT in the NFL! He deserves to be paid as such, and there is no amount of money that any team could offer him that wouldn't be in the Titans best interest to match or beat.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

This team is one with very few glaring weaknesses (we know where they are), so it mightn't be a bad idea to finally go bananas on a contract for Al. I'm still paranoid that once he's got his gold he'll get sloppy, but he's a pretty fiery guy, I'm sure he wants to keep his reputation for being the best DT in the league and will keep working to ensure it.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

7. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

If MR would have signed Albert for a 7 year deal and he reverted back to pre-2007 form, you all would be asking for his head.

Not to say I don't want AH locked up, but lets wait until the offseason until we deal with "f*cking ourselves up."

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We might not be a super bowl contender right now if we had paid him what he wanted...

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If Albert had been paid, he would have definitely missed the Bungals game with the concussion.

IMO, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't with Albert. Pay him an enormous contract and run the risk of the lazy, oft-injured Albert returning. Let him walk and run the risk of the "light finally coming on" and have to watch him dominate somewhere else.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Albert will test the market regardless of what and when we offer. I don't see the Titans being able to beat his market value. I'm not sure they should anyway. He hasn't produced at this level unless it has been a pending contract year.

What evidence suggests he will perform at this motivated level after he receives his signing bonus? It seems to me he just isn't wired the same way as KVB or Finnegan. If I were MR (and thankfully I'm not), I wouldn't feel comfortable offering a contract with an exorbitant signing bonus for fear of tying up valuable cap space for 3 or more years. I'd try to "back-end" the contract as much as possible. I just don't see MR putting the team in a front loaded contract situation with AH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar