Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you are missing the pigeon option

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Higher draft picks hold higher value. It's not really debatable.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Oh yeah, teams were really busting their asses trying to trade up and grab VY!

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Uh... I like trucks.

Also.. Luck sucks

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No it isn't. If you make a bad decision, then that's on you... But in no scenario is having the choice of any eligible player in the country worse than any other pick. It simply isn't. You get your pick of ANY player. Tell me Derrick Morgan, CJ, and Britt were their #1 choices in their respective drafts.

It's not rocket science to figure out that having a better draft pick is better. If the FO drafts badly, then that's their fault. But on the same team, the colts have proven that taking the best player #1 overall pays dividends. Who, in retrospect does not wish for a winless season in 1997, to get manning, or one last year to get luck? Luck may not be a hall of famer, but I'd be willing to bet he'll have a better career than JLocker.

I'd trade a season of sucking for 10-15 years of great QB play. But the titans forte is mediocre football, mediocre players. The only constant on the titans is that we're constantly right on the edge of success, but never over the hump.

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Naw I agree - lose out. I said it after the Chicago loss and even if that was a little premature, there is no chance at this point.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you like poetry

like a womantry

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

It's very debatable, just not with you. Everyone on this team minus CJ is crap according to you so your opinion on anything means less than nothing.

And to the second response, if we're gonna get the best player if we pick high every year why don't we just suck for the next 5 and build that way? It's worked wonders for teams like the Lions hasn't it?

9. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

You just made my point that its a crapshoot. Want proof? Ok we'll use Manning since you brought him up...

Manning - 1st rd pick, 1 Super Bowl win
    Brady - 6th rd pick, 3 Super Bowl wins
    Montana - 3rd rd pick, 4 Super Bowl wins

It's not rocket science to understand that draft isn't going to produce the best player solely because he was taken in the early first round.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I USED to be in the mind set of lose out to get a better pick, but honestly I have seen the error in my fake fan ways.

Losing out does NOTHING for your team. Sure the colts were able to suck out for luck, but the Packers got Rodgers in the second. Point is there is talent all around teams in the draft in every round.

Winning on the other hand helps the team build confidence, chemistry, and critiques on what is working and what isn't. Its productive in a raw form. We want our team to come together and man up. We want the Titans to give it their all every second of every play. That way they have one more game under their belt that is played from whistle to whistle with intensity which prepares them for the post season.

It's time more than ever to see someone step up and lead the team. Even if they lose, as long as they are playing with all intentions to win and learn from their mistakes we will be a better organization.

Oh and ya'll are crazy. This is the only pie that matters:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar