Just How Bad Are We? (Stats)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I did say we were a lucky team the first 7 weeks. Damn I shouldn't have said that.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Or you could make the argument that since we were getting such good field position our offense didn't get the oppurtunity to get a whole lot of yards before we scored.

I believe that at the begining of this season we could've beaten any team in the league, our offense was the best we ever had, our defense was playing with a lot of intensity, and our sp teams was playing great (Mariani). Our only flaw was the excessive penalties (which basically gave the game to the Broncos).

Our real problem isn't the talent of this team; it is the failure of this coaching staff to adapt and make changes throughout the season. Our defense was exposed against the Chargers. They figured out that all you have to do to beat us is throw to the tight end. And after that game, that is all teams did. Fisher and Cecil made no attempts to stop it, they just conceded the fact that we can't cover tight ends and continued to play the same defense. I feel that alone cost us the Miami and Redskins games.

Combine this with a starting QB that can't stay healthy, and the loss of JJ and TB for a few games, and everything has just spiraled out of control. We now have an offense that can't stay on the field, and a defense that can't get off the field, which just feed into eachother and creates a snowball effect.

I really hope that the return of Kenny Britt, and having the same QB start 2 games in a row will give our offense a little spark and inturn help out the defense some, but either way it is probably too late.

To make a long story short, this team has plenty of talent, but the coaches don't know how to utilize it (which I am sure most people already agree)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We lead the league in the most important stat out there...

Quarterbacks with a torn finger tendon from hitting their hand on a helmet.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar