Just got back from game....my thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The offensive calls and plays seem to be different when locker is ^in compared to Hass. Maybe it's just me. We didn't do much in regards to getting locker on the move to hide his accuracy issues everyone is hacking about. To me that shows palmers trust ^in the kid. A lot of people here don't like Palmer but he is here to stay. He has been the force behind locker getting better. And he will get better. I figure for locker to be starting next season. We seem a lot more explosive with him in.

The whole point on them not game planning him is questionable. He's gonna use his feet more than a traditional qb, don't want to over pursue with the pass rush, but that's really about it... And to kinda cancel it out, he didn't get first team reps either..

Another point is that there was ^no run game so that puts us in pass first situations.. Coming with no surprise never leads to be good.

Another thing. Didn't seem like we had a scripted first or second drive like we have had lately. Those paid off well and Hass n company got shut down ^in a hurry ^in the first quarter.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our o-line, today in particular, could get nothing done, had like 50 penalties against them, and never allowed them to get any momentum. They never got a push or anything and CJ was never allowed to get back to the LOS besides i think 3 or 4 times. The o-line play was the #1 reason we lost, we weren't able to sustain anything in the first 3 quarters and every time it seemed like we would get a drive going there would be a flag.

It's really pathetic that our o-line can be so undisciplined. They had awful plays like 15 times yet CJ was the main reason we lost? He made a mistake on that particular play and got beat but the bigger issue still lies on the line. 1 mistake is better than 5. Don't just blame the dude cause he has gold teeth and sounds like a mongoloid.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was at the game as well. It was about as much fun as a loss can be I guess.

A lot of the fans really pissed me off though. When NO scored that last TD to go up by 12 the fans just started pouring out. Are you kidding me? Down by 12 with 7 minutes to go and you throw in the towel? Lame. I at least got a kick out of them having to hear the TD fireworks go off not 5 minutes later as they walked through the parking lot. :ha:

As for the game itself, I thought the defense was really good. Not perfect, but I was impressed. Yeah, they made some mistakes late in the game but at the end of the day they held Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints to 22 points. You can't hold an offense like that down forever. Our offense just didn't hold up their end of the bargain. We all knew 17 points wasn't going to win this game.

CJ looked up to his old tricks today. Just as I was starting to be a believer again. Out-rushed by his QB for the second time in 4 games. Not impressed.

Some of the offensive play-calling in the 4th quarter, as already mentioned in numerous other threads, was appalling. I mean, SO bad. I really don't even know what to say other than I hope Chris Palmer apologized to the rest of the team for blowing those last two drives.

Still, as much as it sucks to lose, I came away from the game feeling pretty good about the future of this team. I really think Locker is the real deal. He just needs some more time. And it's hard not to be excited about the direction this defense looks to be going. We have a lot of good young talent. We're one legit pass rusher and upgraded safety away from being elite IMO.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

ha! That's like the 90,000 people you can find that will tell you they were in the stadium for the Music City Miracle when you saw them like roaches with the lights on.......and the place only holds 65,000.
    Lol!

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

disagree about the Buffalo PO game.

Back in those days everyone just knew McMVP and EG would get it done. I know I was thinking just need too get one good chunk for a FG... I really dont remember the place clearing out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. skitch

You are probably correct. I admit that I was not there.
    It is funny how many people claim they were though.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'd say Finnegan has been our MVP so far, he hasn't had any game changing plays but he's been automatic all year long.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Gray seems too be putting CF in good spots and he is delivering.

9. skitch

Ps- home tonight watching the DVR of the game.
    The QB sneak on 4th that we didn't get......
    We got HOSED on that spot.
    Not saying it was the difference of the outcome....be we got hosed!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You should look at the game day thread....plenty of people declaring the season dead at that point as well. All of the usual suspects again LOL....

Agree on Palmer....that has been my primary message tonight. He needs to find new employment after this season IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar