Just a thought about WR and this franchise.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Waddell sucks... IMHO.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

It was Fuller's job, but coming into TC his injury failed to heel to 100% thus opening the job for Finnegan to catch on. Finnegan will stay @ the nickel from now also. Fuller is almost back to full strength & is probably being groomed to take over for Lamont @ sometime or another. I hope its pretty darn soon though....

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dude...

Eli Manning is far from a 'great' QB yet and Alex Smith's improvement is over an 8 game stretch in which he's wracking up some good numbers against prevent defenses because his team already lost.

Aikman had to endure a rookie season before being surrounded by the greatest talent I've ever seen on Offense. Of course we have the Peyton Manning's, Marino's and Elways and....?

The reality is that there is at least a 5 to 1 ratio of QB's that make it and QB's that don't. There are MORE qb's that started as rookie and failed as NFL QB's than ones that have succeeded. You wanna list all the busts that started as rookies and are now selling cars?

Don't get me started on the Les Steckel era of Titans offense...run Eddie, run Eddie, run Eddie, run Eddie, run Eddie, run Eddie, run...(does Eddie need a breather?)...err...throw to Wycheck. And if you remember, Fisher's buddy Alan Lowry was promoted to WR coach and promptly taught all of our WR's how NOT to beat press coverage!!!

I do believe that players SHOULD know their assignments...but I also believe that we need to get the best playmaking talent on the field in the best positions to succeed!

Gut

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I understand your point, but did you know that that is the exact opposite stance of most fans, vets, coaches and pundits?

And if he gets hurt, then we are REALLYscrewed.

Given how everyone agrees that Fisher likes vets
    AND
    Given Fisher's arrogance over the Volek debacle
    AND
    Given that Fisher didn't want VY in the first place
    AND
    Given that he knows we're screwed if VY is injured......

Do you get the feeling that when it happens he will seize the opportunity to say "I TOLD YOU SO!! YOU SEE, FANS?? WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL, YOU OR ME?? HUH?? HUH??" Maybe he would actually want that, given the hot seat he's been in.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Rivers sat behind Brees and learned the system, Brady sat behind Bledsoe and did the same. Trial by fire doesn't always work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar