Just a thought about WR and this franchise.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Funny that you should mention Larry Fitzgerald. I think the Cardinals are the prime example of why an offense needs quite a bit more than a couple of good Wide Receivers.

2. MacNine

MacNine Starter

I remember a quote from Fisher or Les Steckels in regards to WRs and they mentioned that they wanted WRs that blocked. That was one of the reasons Mason did not see the field.

I'm just a fan, but I was always under the impression that a WR's number one priority is to catch the ball. By the way, was Joey Kent ahead of Mason on the depth chart?

3. like the boring o-line... and it kind of shows how edgerrin james isnt THAT amazing

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

edgerrin james did not forget hot to run during the offseason. it's pretty hard to run when you get hit in the back field every rush.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I agree, I don't think Ryans would be anywhere close to having his numbers on a team with a good run D. When I look at tackles by an LB, they often indicate there is a pretty weak DL in front of them. The top two in tackles are Colts. Followed by Thomas at Miami. Then you have Ryans, Bulluck, Fletcher, Vilma and Morrison. All pathetic rushing defenses except for Buffalo which falls around 19th. Still, a great talent.

Colston should win this hand down, IMO. He is averaging nearly a TD and close to 90 yards a game.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Very true.

However, I'm not talking about his stats. (In fact, I've never even looked at Ryan's stats.) What has impressed me so much is his raw ability and nose for the ball. You don't have to watch him for long to see that the kid is a serious playmaker....but if he was a Titan, he'd still be waiting for his opportunity.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wish we had him. He might be better than who the Texans took with their first pick.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It is key in the cap era to have a quick trigger finger on letting go of overpaid and underproducing vets. It is a travesty that we are wasting 6mil on Pillar, Sirmon, and Thompson this yr. I guarantee our record would be no different if rookies were playing their spots. In the future we will hit a time when we could sure use that 6mil of cap space.

It is also key to lock young guys up early if you know that they are going to be your future starters. A guy like Bell should be locked up this yr. Don't wait until after the season when the inflation of the 2007 cap makes salaries more expensive. Pay for Bell at the 2006 rate while you can.

The Eagles are great at locking guys up long term early and letting vets go instead of over paying them.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

What about Finnegan? He's a rook, but yet he's our starting NCB... Explain that one?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Waddell is injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar