Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jurrell Casey - "As long as I stay healthy, aint nobody out there that can stop me"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,358
    Okay, you have to excuse Casey's verbiage, but you get what he's saying. Those comments came from his most recent interview, which can be seen here http://www.titansonline.com/media-c...o_Opener/9156d678-9e00-4c6d-b90a-2b01b999b698

Casey has even previously spoken about being a Hall of Fame player, so talk about confidence, he's got tons of it.

I like Casey, he plays hard so he can talk all he wants, he's become one of our better players.

Casey currently has 7 total tackles and 1 sack vs the Steelers and is 1-1 vs Pittsburgh as a starter.

Is Jurrell Casey the player he's making himself out to be? Can he be a cornerstone of this defense for years to come?
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,588
    As far as a run-stopping nose tackle, it doesn't get much better than Casey. You guys think there's any chance of him developing an Albert Haynesworth-like pass rush? I don't see that happening, but he's still the best D-lineman we've had since him.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,065
    Rather typical attitude of a USC player during the Carroll-Kiffin years. DT is a rather fickle position. Not sure he can be a cornerstone of the D for years to come. At this point though I would say he and Ayers are the best defensive players the Titans have.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,380
    Saw him smash a couple double teams in the preseason. Hadn't seen that out of him before. I'm buying stock
    Psychop1 high fives this.
  5. Mberglo Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $328
    I'm a fan.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I think he the closest thing the Titans have had for a dominating DT since Haynesworth. He flashes big time potential but I don't see much consistency—especially against the run.

If he were to have a big season, it would be the one thing which would make the entire defense much better, IMO.
  6. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Casey is a beast. He's still got too much fat on those thighs though. (No Homo) If he'd turn that fat into muscle, he'd be Haynesworth like.
  7. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,356
    Yeah I'm in, glad more of our defensive players are starting to have more confidence and more of an attitude.
  8. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,931
    So all Casey needs to do is simply hit squats and lunges real hard one offseason and boom he will be Haynesworth? Are you available as a S&C coach? If anything he looks top heavy but I could care less what a dudes physical appearance is if he plays well. I'm on the Casey bandwagon for him to blow up this year.
  9. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,129
    Geno Atkins v2.0

/dream