Juno = Very forgettable.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I just don't see the wit everyone talked/talks about. There weren't any quotable lines that I can remember. I was expecting more humor though with a warm story to compliment. Instead, I felt like I was watching a random person's life, with no artists' touches. Just bland.
    Wasn't much to the story. I guess it's just another movie that falls victim to hype with no reason. So you expect something great, and all you end up with is another good movie that you wont remember a single line from.

It's like the Halo 3 of a movie. The ratings back up the hype, and I enjoy playing, but I just don't get it why it's so special.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Just saw this on Friday. I enjoyed it and I'd probably watch it again at some point, but it certainly didn't blow me away. I could see where someone could get sick of the "too cool for school" teenager quips.

On the good side, I thought Allison Janney and J.K. Simmons were phenomenal as the parents. The scene where Janney's character cussed out the ultrasound tech made me laugh out loud.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I find people who thinks it's good to say Keanu Reeves is a bad actor are more concerned about how others view them than having an opinion of their own.

4. Deuce Wayne

If saying Keanu Reeves is a bad actor, isn't something you naturally agree with. Uh. You don't know acting. Possibly the worst popular male actor on the planet.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i vote Ben Affleck
    however, I do give him high regards as a director; I was very impressed with Gone Baby Gone

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That unfortunately is a popular but incorrect opinion of many who think it's cool to label him as a terrible actor.

Happily he couldn't care less about critics who lazily never look at his lesser roles & stage work. He's proved many times that he can indeed act in different styles & personas.

You as a poster here are labeled negatively in a similar way that Reeves is for his acting.Ironic that your perceived as the Ted Logan of this board.:grrhee:

7. Deuce Wayne

lmao, pure comedy. You don't think he's an emotionless "Ted" that plays the dumb role, nomatter what character he's supposed to be?
    Yeah. It's just a "cool" opinion to think he's a terrible actor. Everyone decided we'd all think this way, because it's COOL!

are you serious? You do know you can like his movies, without liking his acting (or lack thereof), right?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Maybe your just an easy mark that I chose to get a rise out of.
    :moon2:

9. Deuce Wayne

Ohhhhh you got me Ashton! lol

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Two thirds of the way into this movie I supported Gloats review.

The so called 'hip' adolescent dialog grew irritating after a while. I got it,I didn't hate it but then again I fail to see why it's had so much hype.The hype marks it down a score for me.

If I'd just stumbled upon it I'd have given it a 7 & said that it was a nice little movie.

The feel good moments with JK Simmons & Jennifer Garner's characters were worth watching it for but I can't imagine ever sitting down to see it again.

Because I viewed it as a let down after the hype.

6/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar