Julius Jones!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Spinnaker, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

thnom...

What better RBs in the draft? Name them for me and what round you think we can get them. Peterson is not an option either. Jones averages 78 yards every game he plays. I wouldn't call that average i would call that solid.

As for lendale white he can't cross the street without being injured. 3 different injuries effected his playing time last year and he didn't do anything. The most carries lendale had in any game was 9. The guy didn't do crap but he still got hurt now suddenly he is able to give us 20 carries a game all year long? Bullcrap. We need a guy like micheal turner or julius jones to guarentee that our running game will productive the whole season...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lendale's chronic ankle?

2004 injures his ankle against washington and according to his bio it effected him the rest of the season.

2005, missed spring practice at USC after having that same ankle scoped to remove damaged cartilage.

2006, bad ankle slows lendale's progress in camp and the early season..

Remember that lendale white averaged about 14 carries a game with USC. He played in spurts and never had his stamina tested. After a few carries bush comes in and white gets the rest. Now you want him taking on an eddie like role?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The perfect compliment to lendale..

We talk about using a high pick to bring in good players and i support that. What about trying to trade to get brian westbrook? Isn't he the perfect foil for a big power back? a similar player to reggie bush right? Would you offer a 2nd for him? A 2nd and a 5th got the rams marshall faulk in 99 when faulk was 26. Westbrook is 27.

Westbrook has been the best pass receiving RB over the last 4 years averaging almost 600 yards per! Given our wide receiver status i would think another pass receiving option would be nice to have.

4. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Guest

Brain

Brian is amazing one of the best RB's in the league but the eagles would never never trade him i know that for sure

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea Brian Westbrook has turned into the eagles core, they can loose mcnabb and dawkins and trotter and whoever else but if they have westbrook there automatically a contender, especially in the NFC. (if we were in the NFC we wouldve been in the playoffs!)

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titans blowing it..........

The guy we might be looking at is a talented back who is out of favor with his team much like travis henry was when we traded for him. A back who has talent, has had some solid years but is now on the bench. There are backs like that out there and we missed out on one of them in tj duckett who siogned with the lions for less than $2M. I know he is similar to white but he is another somewhat talented capable nfl back who is great in short yardage. We offer a similar deal for 2 years and he is ours.

Duckett averages 9 Tds a season and is only 26 years old. Did we even try to get him?

For $3M per we could have locked up duckett and brownie for a couple years and we wouldn't have this angst about runningback depth and wouldn't have had to give up a single draft pick. Now it's like we are almost forced to use a 3rd or 4th pick just to get someone reliable in here or draft some kid we know nothing about.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

duckett isnt what we need tho, 2 power backs, 1 who was benched by the REDSKINS...

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Quite a few players would have been benched behind Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts, I do agree with the point about 2 power backs tho, a RBBC needs to compliment itself, not get reduntantly repeptive.

And as for Westbrook, I would love it but there's no way the Eagles will trade him after the monster year he had last year, he was the key to the Eagles' success at the end of the season.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i didnt mean like he was benched cuz he sucks but they never used him for a reason...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar