Julio Jones at #8 picking up buzz

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

My kids' Godmother is Julio's first cousin. For that selfish fact, I'd LOVE to have him in two tone blue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You said you made one. I guess it was so memorable I've completely forgotten it.

C'mon man, really? :rolleyes:

I don't hate on anyone for giving their draft opinions. I actually enjoy seeing what others think.

But I guess you are on the Rolltide method of "I'll just make things up to attack another poster".

Now let's take a look at what I think you are really up to...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=70715&page=3

You claimed Stanzi as the best QB... then in the above thread didn't list him in the top5. OH, but you thought you were supposed to re-arrange the OPs list for him? Strange how you were the ONLY ONE to think that.

But I realize the reason. For the most part you spread your predictions all over the place. That way next year you can go "hey look I was right, I am a better GM than every single idiot running franchises out there! They should hire me. This is another thing I'm the best in the world at but don't actually do. I'm so awesome I'm deuce wayne now I'm gonna go get herpes from a slut and pass it on to my girlfriend later."

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I like Jones but in reality the FO should put up a sign that says:

The reason I say that is this is a great draft for DL and especially DEs. That is what we need most. If we can get extra picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd round and still get a guy like Watt, Jordan or Kerrigan (or maybe one of the DTs) I'd be happy. That also gives us ammo to trade into position to get the QB we want if we need to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd be more than happy to trade out of the #8 spot and pick up an extra DL. Quinn is the only guy I see defensively worth the #8 pick that I think might be there. I don't like Fairley or Bowers at #8. I'd take Peterson, Von Miller, or Dareus if they were there. I'm not convinced Akamura offers anything value worthy of the #8 pick so I'd rather trade down than pick him.

It comes down to this for me. If Jones and Fairley are available then take Jones- he is the only talent worth the pick IMO. Don't waste the #8 on Locker- trade down and stock up the D with the "2nd wave" guys you mention. If we get Locker at a later pick with traded 1st round pick then great- if we don't we're OK with a serviceable QB vet.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Love how you accuse someone of using RollTide's method then regurgitate the same manipulative thing he's been trying to use lately.

I used the OP's selections and ranked them. Why else would I not include the guy I've hyped up? I do a pretty good job of hyping or bashing just so you don't forget.... so why would I just omit one? Makes no sense.

And for the record I say Ponder is the best QB in this class if healthy. Then Stanzi, then Locker.

Typically when someone posts a list and says "rank them", you rank the people in the list... not create your own. Sorry for thinking logically...

Again- my posts are documented. My opinions are pretty straight and forward...

your conspiracy is about as illogical as all possible, but at least you're finally thinking.

STDs... really? What are you, 12?

6. Alex1939

Typically? As in everyone else in the thread did what the original poster asked except you?

Other than that I won't derail this thread with this banter any further.

I think Julio is a good prospect but I don't feel good about the chances he will be as dominant as Andre Johnson. And I really don't understand the character concerns about Nick Fairley. He was late to a meeting at the scouting combine?

His on the field behavior is questionable, he'll have to stop driving QBs into the ground or he'll get flagged. But I don't think he's gonna rip someone's helmet off and stomp on their face.

I think we'd all take a player that could give us 2008 AH production, and we know he took plays off. Fairley's got a chance to be that guy.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Only thing that concerns me about Fairley is if he can make that next jump because right now he can just shoot the gap. When he goes against a much bigger OL, I wonder if he can have the same success.

8. Deuce Wayne

I don't care what everyone did in the thread. I didn't look at anyone else's post.

If someone posts a list of movies or albums and asks me to rank them, I'm not going to throw my own personal favorites in there, either.

9. Alex1939

:rolleyes: Again, you were the only one that didn't get it, and you should've figured it out in post 1.

10. Deuce Wayne

"Rank Them"... and I'm wrong for not ranking THEM?

Dude... it's reading comprehension. Maybe I was the only one in the thread that knows how to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar