Julio Jones at #8 picking up buzz

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I bet Fairley, Bowers, Watt are the only ones on the board with Julio when we pick. Fairley has character questions, Bowers has knee conerns and Watt is a reach at #8.

I'm not a Bama Homer. I just think Julio Jones is a physical freak, has a great work ethic and lives a low key lifestyle. Those are the same characteristics Andre Johnson.

I'll be happy if we pick up Quinn or if by some miracle Peterson, Gabbert or Von Miller but I'll be grossly disappointed if we take Locker at #8.

That's why I keep touting Jones as most likely being the BPA when we pick.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Here is another one then listing Julio as a plausible possibility (this guy mocked us with Locker):
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

1. Nick Fairley, DT - Nick Fairley is still a strong option. The Titans need a larger defensive tackle to pair with Jason Jones. There was talk of Albert Haynesworth returning to the team during the 2010 season, but that's no longer a possibility with Jeff Fisher and Jim Washburn gone.

2. Robert Quinn, DE - The Titans need a defensive end. Robert Quinn may not even be available at No. 8.

3. Julio Jones, WR - I nearly mocked Julio Jones at this spot in a previous update, so I'm not knee-jerking to Kenny Britt's recent arrest. The Titans brought in Randy Moss last year to stretch the defense. That didn't work because teams finally realized that Moss is done. That plan would be effective, however, with Jones across from Britt. Also, Jones is a terrific run-blocker, which would help Chris Johnson. Johnson's YPC dropped by more than a yard in 2010 because the blocking in front of him was awful.

I'm only referencing this in response to some posters attempting to discredit the plausibility of Jones being the best BPA and the possibility that we would take him at #8.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh Eric Berry will be a beast and top safety soon enough, maybe HoFer. Back to Julio, idk about the Johnson comparisons but he would be a great fit for this team. Insurance for Britt, run blocker, pro style offense at Bama so an easier transition, and of course is an athletic freak. He's physical, fast, playmaking ability, and nice intangibles to go along with being a good fit.

Now idk if I'd want him at 8 for sure but if someone said we wouldn't take a QB and Quinn/Fairley have already been taken then sure.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dez Bryant is on his way to being just as good as Andre Johnson.

The comparison between AJ and Julio is not crazy. It's very possible. As said before, obviously he's no Andre Johnson... yet.

AJ was no Randy Moss/T.O. coming into the league. Look how that's changed.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Right back at ya.

This guy makes Nate Washington look like he has the best hands in the NFL.

He drops more than he catches. He can't figure out how to stretch his arms to make a catch (T-Rex catches everything), he can't get a ball at his highest point, and he's not that great at getting separation... unless he's just playing with a scrub.

He's that guy you hear the announcers talk about all game while he does little of anything. Not sure where the hype came from, but unless he's facing Patrick Peterson every game- do not want.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The hype came from his 4.35 40 time with a broken bone in his foot.

Why would you want him if he's facing PP every game? PP is going to be an elite corner.

7. Deuce Wayne

Because PP sucks in coverage. (it was my way of taking a jab at both)

Ohhh yeah! The 40 time... :rolleyes:...

have we not learned yet?... really?...

8. Deuce Wayne

I hope the Raiders know of his "broken foot" 40 and trade everything for the guy. They've drafted about 3 guys exactly like him in recent years.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

List your top 8 in that thread. All this smack talking is worthless if you can't make a list including your possibilities for the Titans at 8.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah that's bull, please tell me the WR's you're comparing Jones too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar