Julio Jones at #8 picking up buzz

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We can't draft Jones or Green with the needs we have. It'd be nice, but we couldn't even get Randy Moss the ball. New coaches, new team, but how in the hell do you not play Randy Moss?!?! Still baffles me. SMH

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Julio Jones could be a Hines ward type player for the titans. A workhorse and a tough guy who loves to block. Britt could be the same but since he was drafted he became an idiot.

Having 2 220 lb Wrs who are tough guys and can block could never be a bad thing. It actually helps our defense.

There is never a guarantee that whomever we draft will end up being a great player. We could draft Fairley and he turns out to be an idiot and i'll take Julio Jones any day over Jake Locker. My gawd!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Julio Jones reminds me of Andre Johnson in almost every aspect. Not a lot else to say that hasn't been said well by Soxcat and RT. If we don't get him, I hope it's Quinn.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You guys are vastly overrating Jones' potential. Andre Johnson he is not.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

exactly he never showed the rediculous workout numbers on the field. AJ Green is the only WR I would take with our first round pick and he didn't perform half as good as Julio did he is just a better football player by far.

Mayock said he never saw Jones 4.3 speed carryover to the football field.

6. Riverman

Of course he isn't Andre Johnson right now but I don't think it is a stretch at all to compare the potential.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=438747

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...her-the-next-braylon-edwards-or-andre-johnson

Playmaking 220-pound receivers with sub-4.4 speed are rare breeds, but Jones entered (Andre) Johnson territory with an outstanding combine," the Web site states. "Like Johnson at Miami (Fla.), Jones was inconsistent early in his career but stepped up as a junior to blossom into the star many expected him to become."

Jones only can keep the Johnson comparisons on track by keeping his focus on the field. Edwards is consumed with being popular and branching out into other endeavors off the field because he thinks he is a big star.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=70752&page=2

And Alabama is a run first team with Ingram and Richardson. No surprise his numbers aren't off the chart.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Every year, a wide receiver gets compared to Andre Johnson. Crabtree, Bryant, etc. None turn out to be that level. People like making comparisons because they make everything seem simple. It doesn't make those comparisons valid, though.

Besides, the Titans have already invested in a wide receiver to fill that role. Taking another and neglecting way more important needs on defense would be insane.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

AJ Green has had Stafford and Murray to work with in an offense that throws the ball a lot more than Bama with JPW and McElroy.

Julio is an athletic freak that can catch, run, and has playmaking ability. The most important part of his game is blocking because we know no matter how many WR's we have CJ is going to get his so might as well have some WR's that are good blockers. Also Bama's offense is a lot like the Titans (a lot of running plays, no big WR sets, QB that doesn't air it out).

Even though I would rather go Quinn or Locker right now, if we can trade for players and have a free agency soon this wouldn't be bad.

9. Riverman

And every year defensive players are compared to former greats. We invested in Derrick Morgan last year to fill the role. Your arguments against Jones are not that strong, especially if he is the best player on the board when we pick at #8.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Just about every highlight long run CJ had you saw Britt down field blocking for him. Having a WR who can be a physical blocker is underrated. If Britt got his head out of his rectum CJ would have a field day both because these WRs can block and defenses can't stack the LOS or they will get burned. Look at what happened to the offense last year when Britt was hurt. Jones gives us another Britt and insurance should Britt not get his head straight.

Jones is an Andre Johnson type guy. He has great speed and jumping ability for his size. Trying to compare him to guys who are not the physical freaks doesn't make sense. He is very comparable to Britt and if teams want to double Britt he is going to be tough to handle one on one.

IMO being able to get first downs and score points (TDs not FGs) is just as important as playing defense. Just because we draft this kid doesn't eman through FA and the rest of the draft the team can't improve defensively and whoever we have playing QB will benefit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar