Julio Jones / A.J. Green

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by OhioTitan, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdkKiphw4f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO8Wf0VKip4&feature=related

Watch how strong a runner this guy is and how he turns a 7 yard slant into 15 yard plays and quick screens into successful plays.

Great nose for the first down marker dragging tacklers along.

Having Both Jones and Britt gives us 2 220 lb hard bodies to block on the perimeter and has to be a help to the running game. It will certainly get those safeties out of the box.

Love the man's stiff arm!

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

We will not get a 2nd for Vince with his contract. Wed be lucky to get a late round pick. If we leave the first two rounds without addressing the dline or secondary this draft will be a failure in my opinion. Our D has holes at all 4 levels, they have to be addressed, and this draft is full of impact players in the first 2 rounds.

3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, i dont think our defense is in as bad as shape as people seem to think. As long as we fire cecil and bring in someone who knows what they are doing, we could patch up a few spots through free agency and be more than fine

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Patrick Peterson
    Nick Fairley
    Marcel Dareus
    De'Quan Bowers

If one of these guys isn't available I would take Julio. Prince would be a good pick but I don't think CB is the most immediate need on defense. We either need a good DL player or best player available.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'd Paea to that list. He can make an instant impact. Interior DL is our biggest need in my opinion, we have got to get pressure in the middle.

6. The Playmaker

Yeah but I don't he's at that level with them. I've seen video on him and yeah he's a good DT but with the 8th pick and us needing help at pretty much every position I would want to go best player available.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Every time I watch Julio Jones, he seems to catch a screen or two, drops a pass downfield on a key play, and does a nice job blocking.

I'm not sure that is worth the 8th pick when you don't need a receiver. Now Green is a different story...

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

1. We have not collapsed the pocket since Big Al left.
    2. We have CB's that have a chance to be burned on any play.
    3. I don't think we have covered a TE since the Jets game in 2008.
    4. Chris Hope
    5. Our defensive ends are of little to no help in stopping the run.

I think our defense is exactly as bad as people think it is. Those are just five MAJOR issues I could list off the top of my head and I can give you more if you want. We need to take the best defensive player available in the first three rounds this year because we need a major talent influx our our defense.

9. The Playmaker

Adding a couple free agents will help that and don't forget Derrick Morgan is coming back..hell if you think about it he's pretty much a 1st round draft pick since he barely played.

10. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

1,3,and 5 can all be fixed/ improved with a new dc and better gameplanning imo, you could give us all the talent in the world and cecil still wouldnt know what to do. I agree with you on 4, i forget what thread it was in, but someone pointed out there will be a lot of quality FA's at safety. While our CB's may not be probowlers, i dont see them as a imediate need. Better defensive calling and an upgraded safety and decent enough at corner.

I never said that we would have a dominating defense like we have in the past, but i dont think its to the point we have to waste a whole draft trying to upgrade it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar