Judge recommends banning 360 in the USA

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've had nothing but problems with Microsoft systems. Had to return my very first original Xbox within a week of purchase because of crazy random freezing issues. But then the replacement was for the most part issue-free.

Then came the 360. :rolleyes:
    - RRoD #1: Sent back. "Fixed".
    - RRoD #2: Sent back. "Fixed"
    - RRoD #3: Called customer service. Asked if I could PLEASE just have an actual replacement system instead of just "fixing" this one over and over. Was told no. They decide when a replacement is necessary. I got into a pretty heated conversation with the CS rep. THREE RRoD's should warrant a new system. He literally just laughed and was like "yeah, we get that a lot."
    Sent back. "Fixed". Bought a PS3 in the meantime. Never even turned on my 360 again after it came back.

I'm now strictly a Sony guy. I've had every Sony console since the original PS and never had any major issues whatsoever. I'm not a Xbox hater or anything. I just won't be wasting anymore of my money on them. I wish I didn't have such terrible luck them as there are a few Xbox exclusives I'd love to be able to play.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL sounds like my wife. I try to explain to her that I need the mac daddy living room TV with the surround sound for optimum gaming experience. :grrhee:

She just doesn't get it. :sad2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Meanwhile in your and every other 20+ year old gamer's closet sits a Dreamcast that still works perfectly. Things should progress over time, not regress.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is why Nintendo exists. In my experience Nintendo makes the most durable stuff.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I definitely have a soft spot for Nintendo. I love Mario, as you might pick up on from my avatar. I always get suckered into buying the newest Nintendo console just for the new Mario/Mariokart games. But then when I'm done with those it just sits there collecting dust. I don't even think I've touched the Wii in over a year.

I really wish Nintendo would focus a little bit more on adult gamers though. Bring the graphic capabilities up a notch... add some more mature games, etc.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sony USA customer support, when you actually need it, is pathetic. They have absoutly zero interest in retaining you as a customer. As a result of an ongoing issue I had with an old school sony big screen I now just buy whatever brand gives me what I want. Seems to be Samsung for the most part, although I did buy my wife a Sony 'big screen' if 43 inches is big anymore.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't doubt it. Luckily, I've never had to call them. If I have an absolutely horrible experience with a company, generally I just won't buy their products/services anymore under any circumstances.

I'm a big fan of Toshiba for electronics. My TVs are Toshiba and never had issue one with them. Our laptops are Toshiba. Mine did brick during a recommended BIOS update once but the customer service process was quick and painless. And I had my laptop fixed and back to me within a week. I was REALLY impressed with them. One of the best customer service experiences I've ever had with a major corporation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I got my wife an early generation streaming Bluray from Samsung. It stopped playing and they repaired it out of warranty so I was impressed by that. BUT it took over a year of me calling customer service whenever I had a couple of hours too spare before the streaming worked at all. They claimed it was the wireless router I claimed it was the Bluray - it was the Bluray FWIW but they only acknowledged that after I changed routers and the Bluray was still the only device that would not play fair.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've had no problems with Microsoft.

My original Xbox that I got in 2001 never broke. My 360 that I bought in 2005 broke, but not until the end of 2008, after owning it almost three years.

So, since 2001, I've only had to replace a system once.

I tried to play a PS3 last month. I just hate the stupid controllers and horrible button/thumbstick layout... and (even though everyone says otherwise) the graphics weren't as good.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm also not a fan of the PS3 controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar