Judge Halts Lockout (per ESPN)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:yes:

It just means the lockout itself was illegal. She's basically saying you can't shut down business.

There will not be any trades before the draft or during the draft. I say this because the NFL will file a stay and regardless the owners still own the league and would have to agree on a ruleset. Like the 2010 ruleset, or they could go with no salary cap.

I actually don't get how this is advantageous for the players, other than they are guaranteed work this year I guess. But it doesn't necessarily lead to an outcome where they make more money.

That is just how I understand it, if someone else knows better please correct me.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If the Owners dont get the STAY wouldnt the judge set a deadline for a ruleset?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I spit my drink all over my computer when I read his response. lol

4. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

A woman ended the NFL lockout? I hope she signed all court documents with her left hand because women don't have rights..

(Joke)

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Judge denied the stay. Lockout still lifted and NFL year started.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it sounds like tomorrow is going to be CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

7. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

On espn they are saying the stay is denied, but nothing on the league year and it hasnt been started yet and dont think it will be

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I believe this all still has to go through 8th circuit appeals court first (presumably the owners already filed it by now)

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/04/26/goodell-to-the-last-drop/?eref=sihp

seemed -from what I took later in the article - it might be mainly about they lost alot of negotiating power with the series of moves they made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar