Josh Gordon vs. Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Locker was the complete opposite of Vince. In that he was not a "knuckle head" or w/e you call him. Look how he turned out. You have to take risks on certain players based on potential and overlook their other issues.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's your opinion. But in my mind I don't mind it given our rotten luck at WR. Sure you want him to be legit #1. I'm just saying if he ends up being a solid, reliable #2 it was still worth the pick IMO. Definitely better than wasting it on a chump like Britt or something

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Normally I would agree. And I agree with that philosophy for just about every other team in the league. Not us. We CAN'T get it right.... ever. We ALWAYS end up choosing wrong and getting screwed.

Locker would've been a decent pick if he weren't made of glass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, tell that to Jaguar fans who backed Justin Blackmon.

5. Fry

You draft guys who are productive players in the first round. Ideally you get the greatest of all-time, but getting a guy who gets 1,000+ yards in his second season? Who'd argue with that? You, apparently...

6. TitansWillWin2

Could have had Josh Gordon. That's all I'm arguing about.

7. Fry

Yes, we could have had a guy who was kicked off the Baylor football team because he didn't want to give up the weed. The same guy who was suspended two games for failing a drug test in his second season. For the rest of his career he's a false positive away from being suspended indefinitely.

Give me Kendall Wright.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It's not like we chose between the two. Gordon wasn't even available in the draft when we took Kendall. He was taken in the compensatory draft later that year. We would have had to give up our 1st round pick this past year (that means no Chance Warmack) to get him, because the Browns gave up their 2nd in the compensatory draft and our 2nd was lower than theirs, so even if we offered our 2nd they would have got him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitansWillWin2

We could have taken him in the 7th round!!!

10. Fry

He didn't enter the regular draft. He was still at Baylor. Gordon wasn't suspended indefinitely until July, which is after the typical draft. That's why he entered the supplemental draft.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar