Jones Not Trying to Replace Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Agreed. While I think that Jones will be quite good and just get better, I don't think he will have nearly the impact that haynesworth had on the dline

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why does everyone forget about Jovan Haye?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just asked the same thing. He will play as much as anyone.

I can't get that steeler game out of my mind how we did not have AH or KVB yet still blew up the line of scrimmage by simply being too fast for them.

By keeping our 4 guys(brown-haye-jones-marks) fresh and constantly attacking up the field we can be just as effective. Haye had pro bowl type numbers when healthy for a whole season in 2007.

Haye is only 26 years old and just may be coming into his own now and has the perfect system to thrive in. This is a guy who has only been on the field for 2 full seasons and he was less than 100% for part of last year. He was a 6th rd pick for the panthers in 05 and never was given a chance there and hardly played for tampa at all in 06. So his first 2 seasons he barely got on the field. then in 07 he kicked butt with 48 solo tackles and 6 sacks. This is a guy who can play.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

We will still have an 'Al' by committee that will be almost as effective.
    If we can get that kind of consistent speed and penetration, the opposing O will almost always have to keep an RB/FB back there to pick up anyone that gets through.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

few linemen got the combo of strenght and speed to even hv a chance to collapse the line from the oustide....ima miss albe guys; and im worried too...in my eyes kvb needs to prove himself again and kearse...ever since he left needs to prove something. and ford, bell all those guys...how good will they be w/o albe...

no im definilty woriried..more bout our ends than or tackles to be honost...can they play at a high level w/o innterior dominence....

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Why oh why isn't our peformance during the RS Pittsburgh game not good enough for you as an example of 'we'll be fine w/o Al'????

How about this, are you and all the other doubters of Al's vacancy, ready to eat e-crow if we dont' see much of a drop off? C'mon, put your money where your mouth is.
    I'll eat crow if there is a big defensive difference (but I don't think there will be a collective drop off). Can you back your talk up with the same promise?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We had our best defense in 2000 with fisk and thornton as our starting DTs and ford and r smith behind them in the rotation and it was robaire's rookie year.

I think this group of guys is comparable and our ends as a group can be comparable. KVB in his previous 3 seasons averaged 10.3 sacks, kearse, ford, ball combined gave us 15 last year and we have the real wild card in hayes who potentially be a monster.

It always comes down to the young guys stepping up and playing big and we need solid production from hayes-jones-ford-marks to help us be a dominant defense.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Whoops...

I suppose we agree on one thing then.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It is for me, but I will admit that their O-line was a little shoddy last year. They had Hartwig at center right??? He had the hold in the endzone for the safety in the Superbowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar