Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jones Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: Pacman Jones was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week today. Jones scored his first career touchdown when he returned Chad Stanley’s punt for a 52-yard score in the third quarter, en route to a 13-10 win over the Texans. Jones touchdown was the Titans first punt return for a score since Justin McCareins 58-yard return at Atlanta (11/23/03). “It felt good to know that I’m getting better every game and I finally got to show it,” said Jones after the game. Jones currently ranks first in the NFL with a 12.9-yard punt return average with one touchdown and fifth in the league with a 26.5-yard kickoff return average. “That’s a big thing for me to be in the top one or two in both kickoff and punt returns and hopefully I can go to Hawaii one day,” said Jones.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Good for him. He has worked hard(at least it seems like it) and has tons of potential.
  3. Ratt1118 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Pacman

I must admit, I did not think the kid had it in him..

But there is a great improvement. He is working real hard at his conerbacking skills too. Just maybe he might be a shutdown corner for the Titans in years to come...

way to go kid!!! keep up the good work...
  4. BulluckTheBeast Guest

Hopefully, the first of many awards.
  5. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,537
    hey

that's great. If only our offense could put up a touchdown, we might win some games. Well, I'd be okay if we ended up like the Ravens of old. We've got a start with KVB and Bulluck.
  6. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Pac might have many opportunities to take back a kick off this weekend. Certainly the Hawks will score more than the Texans. One TD return on a kickoff and he could move to the top of the league in those as well.
  7. Luke Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Congrats Pac, well earned. I know this sounds crazy, but in the future I could see Pac scoring 3 td's in one game 3 different ways, defensive td, return td, and offensive td. Definitely would win an award for that.
  8. DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    He'd be an MVP candidate if he made scoring in all three phases of the game a habit one day, thats for sure. :))
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    He's definately all we wanted and much more as both a returner and cornerback and plays all 3 so well.

How he isnt a pro bowl candidate is a joke.
  9. Sunshine Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Gunny, don't you think it's a combination of his getting off to a slow start and the fact that our team's not doing so well this year?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.