Jones Making His Case at WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With just a few days of Titans training camp in the books, Brandon Jones is making a case that his name belongs among those being considered for the starting slot receiver position. Though he's having his best training camp of his three-year career, he's not going to rest on his early showing. "It’s too early to tell. We’ve got a long way to go," Jones said. "If you ask me this after the fourth preseason game, and I’m still doing my thing out there on the field, then I’d say, yeah, but it’s a long road" His work is also getting noticed by Offensive Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger. "He’s doing better. He’s getting in the right spots," said Heimerdinger. "He doesn’t have any mental busts right now, and he’s making some tough catches the last couple of days. Brandon is doing some good things."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

this is no surprise to me, I knew Jones was a good solid guy who deserves a roster spot

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He has to win that slot job to stay on the roster, IMO.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is the same thing we hear every year. after camp he has like two good games in the first half of the season then he gets hurt.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Can Jones even play the slot?

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

He doesn't really shy away from a hit, and his route running is good enough... sure, why not? He needs to give us more than a couple of good games a year though.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It doesn't even matter. It's not like he'll play half a season healthy anyway.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Catching balls in camp eh?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Those who've been to a few camps know that what you see in the first week can change quickly. Chris Sanders used to look invincible at camp. He'd catch everything in his zip code.

Season arrives and BOOM... same Sanders.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

quote for the truth.

I want to see him catch a pass against Indy on 3rd and 7 with the game on the line then I'll start liking him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar