Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vegas...

Your full of it. We have some idea what has happened in vegas based on witness accounts. Do you know of any witness accounts that indicate pacman did nothing at all wrong? Are you denying that three people were shot? That pacman probably did something to instigate this? That the gunman may or probably was an associate of his or in his hire?

As i said before and you obviously didn't understand it was that i'm not the law, i have no power to punish or take anything away from the man. I can and do have the right to to take the information i have and draw some preliminary conclusions.

You have not taken the information at your disposal and interpreted it you have ignored it. You are just defending him as of you were his attorney. His own family is harder on him than you are.. You act as if the shooting victims are the ones we should not trust..

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jumping to conclusions is saying the Vegas story (or the publicist story) is "crap". Just like it would be saying either are credible.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

At this point, yes, I have read most of the reports, and we have two conflicting accounts (one from the club owner, one from Pac's publicist) and I don't know which is reliable, personally, I don't think either is completely true but I'm kinda inclined to believe the person who was their (although since she didn't say anything for a week in a half I'm not really sure)

I wasn't trying to say that we don't know that anything happened, obviously there are three people shot, one of which is paralyzed, it's kinda hard to deny that, sorry if it came across that way. I was trying to say that we have no evidence that Pac was at all involved, we have the club owner's story that Pac assaulted a stripper and a bouncer and we have his publicist's story that a fight broke out on stage between strippers that escalated to a bouncer attacking Pacman. It sounds like you're ignoring the publicist's story, I don't think you can ignore either, but their so different that it's impossible for anyone who wasn't there to really know what went on.

Also, as I've said before, if he's convicted I will be among the first to call for his head, but at this point I haven't seen any reliable evidence to make a conclusion either way, so I'm going to wait until the official police report.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im not ignoring either story, nor am I saying either is credible. But to be perfectly honest, it is hard for me to give the publicist more credibility than the club owner. It is her job to make these situations look favorable to her clients in the press, and it took her a week to issue any type of story. Where as with the club owner, sure, he wasnt there. But I have to think his story is based on what his employees told him, who were there. Basically my point, I dont take a first hand account by an obviously biased person over a second hand account of someone seeking justice for what happened to his employee. Again, I wasnt there, so I dont know, but I dont think you can just dismiss the club owners story as crap at this point, because obviously we dont know.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I never said either stories were crap, however when you combine the clubowners story with the publicist story you get crap, because obviously a lot of it is bunk. Both of them have plenty of reason to lie and neither are credible, especially since we have nothing to back up either of their statements.

And to Roll, yes I have a witness account that says Pac did nothing wrong, the publicist. You however don't have any witness accounts that say he did, you only have someone who claims to be relaying witness accounts.
    Facts are we know there was an altercation, we know someone got shot and we know Pacman was at the club, but everything else is pure speculation at this point.

And no you're right, I can't prevent you from jumping to conclusions or make premature decisions based on illdefined information, I can only suggest to you that it's not always a good thing to do.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why does everyone assume the club owner has a reason to lie? If you were a owner or a business and one of your employees was shot would you not be angry and want to see justice served? Again, Im not saying his story is accurate, and Im not saying he isnt lieing. But it confuses me that everyone thinks that someone who just had an employee get severely injured is somehow only interested in spreading lies for his own benefit.

And lets be honest. Your eye witness account is someone who is paid to make the story appear favorable to Pac. She in my opinion, has more reason to lie than the club owner.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Really. I said that?

Yes-sympathy. This is the essence of a tragedy. He has been blessed with tremendous talent. I'm not envious or resentful he was given it- I'm sad he doesn't recognize it and the rewards that go with it. And that he will lose those rewards because of a lack of insight to his poor choices. Most of the rest of us will NEVER have football talent like that.

I don't wish a tragedy like that on anybody just because he is not like me.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

this is easy...about vegas...

the club owner is lying...

the publicist is lying...

the cops are still investigating everything...

the titans, pacman, and the NFL are wise to hold all comments until the police wrap things up...

and now with the georgia incident...i'm too sick to my stomach to think any more about it...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is this only a legal, criminal issue?..

Are we not also discussing what kind of person this is and what the team might decide to do with him?

We are not his defense team nor the DA but we as titan fans can come to some moral conclusions about this guy.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

He can be held accountable for anything that goes on in the club he owns, it's in his best interests to shift the blame to someone. I'm not saying he is lieing, I'm just saying that he does have reason to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar