Jones Agrees to Terms, Fisher Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe i spoke too soon in comparing jones to thornton.

Jones is 26lbs lighter than thornton coming out and 2 inches taller. He also lifted less, 18 reps to thornton's 26. Jones was a first team MAC DT so he proved he can play there but he might need to get heavier and stronger.

Jones is faster. His 40 time was 4.76 vs thornton's 5.00 and his 10 yard dash was 1.59 vs thornton's 1.72.

So maybe he is better suited to playeing left end or the coaches think he can get bigger and stronger. He's more explosive than some may think he had 19.5 tackles behind the line but against MAC o-linemen not big ten-SEC type guys.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

You are nuts. Green. Gold. Classic colours.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Might as well be the Brazilian Ducks

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny i love the colors just not the way they are utilized. They used to have yellow helmets and normal pants and jerseys not those stupid spots. Looked like the packers a team i think look great. I love yellow helmets for some reason.

Among those duck unis i like the all white the most.

5. who is this guy? his name means nothing to me

6. I have to agree with RollTide on this one (yes... it's an insane thread). Oregon's unis are hideous regardless of the colors...

Though I think the all time award winner for worst uniform has to go to Florida (at least for 1 game):
    [​IMG]

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

These uniform combos are pure piff:
    [​IMG]

Well, without the yellow border on the #s. Their white jerseys with black pants or white jerseys with green pants and all black look the best though.

I don't like the steel plate things, but other than that, they're great. Even the all yellow looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

The all-whites are pretty fresh too.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

The oregon state training bras were pretty bad. Not sure what nike was thinking with that one.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I actually quite like the uniform design and I think the colours match well (seriously).

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Back to the topic of the thread, I have to say I agree with something Soxcat said, that it is good we can release Fisher showing it has confidence in our younger guys.

And I cant really ***** about trading for Fisher, because I thought it was a fine move last year. A 6th rounder really isn't that important.... but, we were on the bad side of that deal since it amounted to little for us.

Although personally, I'm a fan of trading up in the draft... so it would've been nice to be able to add a 6th round to a combo deal to move up. But that doesn't seem to be the Titans draft strategy, so it doesn't matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar