Jonathan Vilma & Will Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 12, 2013.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

So, looks like a high probably the Saints will cut at least one of Vilma or Smith. If not both. Both these guys would look good in Tennessee. And I am sure they would love to play for Greg Williams again.

Reasons why they could be cut:
    1. The 'aints have the worst cap situation in the league. Vilma and Smith carry a big price tag along with off-season roster bonuses
    2. The 'aints have jumped on the 3-4 bandwagon and hired loudmouth Rob Ryan as their DC. Vilma and Smith do not fit well in Ryan's "brilliant" 3-4 so their value is less to the 'aints than it was before
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45024/saints-face-tough-calls-on-vilma-smith
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I would love Vilma. Will Smith will likely cost too much, and we already paid Wimbley. Plus, Morgan really stepped up last year. Can't pay him that much to be a backup, so i'll pass on Will Smith.

Vilma is what we need. A firery leader, and stability at ILB. McCarthy will likely get hurt again, but he can provide some solid depth.
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think there is zero chance that they would want to come play for Williams. Didn't he throw Vilma under the bus in the bounty brouhaha?
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Yea maybe if Greg Williams wasn't here Vilma could be an option, but thats not the case so no to either guys.