Jonathan Orr......Another Darrell Hill.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't write orr off..

It's just put up or hit the road time for these guys. You get a pass your rookie year and maybe your second but that is it. We don't keep guys around who don't help us. Gardner and schobel found that out.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jones, Roby and Williams all had almost identical stats their rookie year, ~ 300 yards 22 catches. The thing is outside of Bennett in 2005 we didn't have any one else that year and with Jones injury Roby and Williams got a decent amount of playing time later on. The basic reason we didn't see as much of Roby and Williams in 2006 wasn't because they suddenly started to have a bad sophmore year, the reason was Bobby Wade simply beat them out for playing time. Also, until Givens went down he was the starter.
    Either Wade is that good or those guys are not too good. Maybe it is a combination of the two and I agree that Roby and Williams need to step it up to prove they deserve playing time.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Either way, Roby/Willy/Orr will be 4th choise at best. Givens or a humongous FA signing* is #1, Bennett* or Jones is 2nd, Jones or Wade is 3rd and then these guys fight for the rest. When Givens comes back, they'll be knocked down to 5th on the chart.

*We get a HUUUGE FA signing OR we keep Bennett. I still think Randy Moss or Joey Porter would look great in navy :)

4. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Need to go ahead and cut our loss with David Givens give him the boot. Didnt really agree with bringing him in the first place.

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Cutting Givens is out of the question. We paid him much too much to cut him after one year.

Brandon Jones is the best WR on the team. We need to keep him because him and VY have mad chemistry. We should cut Roby and Bennett. Wade will never be anything more than a slot, but wew should still keep him because he can stretch the field and is a OK return man. Givens will be back next year, but if he is not ready by week one, the Roydell should be getting a lot of snaps. Ever since that drop on that perfect pass by VY in the preseason, I dont trust him. I dont see him doing much with the team.

The coaches love Orr and he will take over for Williams until Givens is completely ready.

By the end of 2007, our WRs (talent and potential-wise) will look like this

1. B Jones
    2. J Orr
    3. D Givens
    4. B Wade
    5. R WIlliams

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

So if a guy gets hurt in his first season with the team he should be shown the door? let him play a full season before you pass judgement, for all we know he could come back from the injury and have a pro-bowl caliber season (I'm not saying he will, I'm just saying that we can't say that because he got hurt this season he'll never be a good WR for us)

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

With the lack of talent we currently have on the WR position, i'd prefer to give Givens a shot before getting rid of him. He could be a jewel in disguise.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

its ludicris if you think Givens should be cut because he got injured, by that logic, Steve McNair would have been released back in 1999...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar