Jonathan Cooper

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by UrbanLegend3, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As in Star himself?

That's who I'm hoping for, honestly.

If we can sign Levitre, we can make do without drafting an OL in the 1st. Otherwise, I think we pretty much have to take an OL.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I would actually have no problem with missing on both Warmack and Cooper if it means we get Star at #10 and Larry Warford at #40. Warford's tape is extremely impressive, he'll more than get the job done.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's true that 7-8 OL will be taken but with the day that OT's had today my money is that many more tackles will be taken than guards. With Lane Johnson having such a huge day I can see Johnson, Joeckel, Fisher, and the extremely fast rising Terrone Armstead all going before our guards. Keep in mind that if given a choice most teams would shore up a franchise tackle than a good guard.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I didn't mean him specifically just a legit star in general. If we can get a playmaker and gamechanger at either OL/DL/DB I'll be stoked.

I really hope we add a solid OL like Levitre before the draft also. That way we don't have to take one in the 1st if someone else is available there.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I really hope we sign Levitre or Moore. Moore is more likely no pun intended. But would take a lot of pressure off our first pick especially if Chance is off the board. I still don't know why the FO hasn't thought to move Stewart to G. If Fisher is there do you take him if Warmack is gone and move Stew?

Honestly though this is why I hate the combine. Chance is better but now guys are on the Cooper bandwagon after a good showing in some spandex, cool. He's good no doubt but Chance is still better and arguably a top 3 player in this draft.

Star, Chance, or bust. Regardless of what the underwear olympics say.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's not just the whole "underwear olympics" effect though.Cooper shows up on tape. He's been nipping at Warmack's heels for a while now, its just that his combine performance cemented what people were seeing on the field. If he was some relative unknown or originally a mid-round prospect who is now suddenly rising i'd be 100% with you. I still think Chance is the better player, I'm just not as sure as I previously was. It's a win/win for Tennessee either way though.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if we get floyd...its still not a bust....

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Are we really ranking OGs now by combine performance? Really? Of all the positions at the combine OG might be the biggest waste of time. At least with OTs you can see some of their footwork for protecting the edge and such but the combine does little to really show who can play OG better. Bench press is overrated anyway and we see guys pump the iron like Tarzan all the time and play like Jane. NOw I agree Cooper is a very good OG. But whatever team picks them will be doing it based on tape especially againt the best competition.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I was interested in us picking up Melton in FA but the way the draft looks I wouldn't spend the money. Not that much anyway when there is a real good chance the bet DL guy on the board is going to be a DT when we pick.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Don't see what is so great about him. Haven't watched much though admittedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar