jon vilma for a 4th round pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can see why we didn't make this move, but I can't see why many other teams didn't. The only explanation is that his injury is still lingering.

3. He's damaged goods. Anyway, we have MLBs who only play half the snaps so it doesn't make sense to invest a lot of money in all 3 LBs.

4. Fry

im looking ahead two or three years.

freeney, harrison, wayne, clark manning and addai will be in the middle of big contracts(assuming they re-sign addai) and will be forced to cut come players, knocking them from the top of the division.

that leaves the titans, jags and texans, all power running football teams. having a MLB that can actually move(not fowler) and can consistently cover their gaps(not tulloch) will be valuable.

and hopefully schwartz is gone by then and we can start playing some aggressive defense instead of sitting back in the nickle all game.

i can understand why we didn't make this deal, but we had the opportunity to to get even stronger and faster in the middle of our defense and didn't do it.

5. Fry

i would rather us have done this:

Plenty of trades are expected to be announced Friday. The Packers traded franchise defensive tackle Corey Williams to the Browns for a second-round choice. Williams is expected to sign a six-year, $38 million contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3270118

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar