Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I do believe Saban will bail on Bama in a few years though... which will be absolutely hilarious to see all the Bama folks rioting.

If I recall correctly, Saban's goal as a coach was to win a championship with three different schools. Taking over UT right now would be pretty similar to when he took over Bama 5 years ago. They were equally as bad.

I hope UT has at least contacted him and offered him way more than what he's making at Bama... even though it would probably take a lot more than that.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Gruden won a Superbowl with Tampa....TAMPA....the Buccaneers!

I would take him here for sure. Would like to think he would bring some attitude to this team.

The Wiki on Gruden's success in Tampa is as follows:

Immediately after arriving in Tampa, Gruden significantly retooled the offense with the addition of numerous free agents. His determination to fix the under-performing offense so often maligned during Dungy's tenure inspired Tampa's defense to another #1 ranking, which helped the team to a 12–4 season. Both the offense and defense hit their stride in the playoffs; the Buccaneers posted a playoff per-game point differential of 23 points per game in victory, tied with the 1992 Dallas Cowboys for the highest average playoff margin of victory by a Super Bowl winner in the free agency era

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

Yea, I've been wanting Gruden since we finally got rid of Fisher...

Hope Bud opens the wallet for someone. I think Gruden would come here because we have a talented team and a decent situation... just horrible coaching.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Gruden's DC IMO

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am a HUGE fan of Gruden

It will probably make me a Vol fan if he goes there, and I would love nothing more than for him to come to the Titans. It would make big name players want to play here, show them we are serious on winning, new coordinators, bring some positive attention to the organization, and he would weed out the negative and passive attitudes on the team..........I am talking about Griffin.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You really need explaining as to why Jon Gruden, a superbowl winning coach that hosts MNF and one of the most popular pre-NFL draft shows, could recruit college kids at one of the largest college football facilities with one of the premiere athletic training centers and strongest traditions in the NCAA that also plays in the SEC? Really?

Really?

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It appears that Gruden has now stated in no uncertain terms that he will not be at Tennessee as head coach.
    NEXT!

8. RavensShallBurn

Lol at everyone who really thought it was a done deal.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Petrino's name is mud in the SEC right now. Even Pat Dye had this to say when asked if Petrino would be hired again in the SEC:

“Maybe, you know, if somebody was desperate they might,” Dye said. “Who would you say is going to hire him? I know Auburn ain’t gonna hire him.”

If someone liike Pat Dye, who once tried to get Petrino hired at Auburn, is saying things like this about Petrino then I think it is safe to say he has about as much chance of being hired in the SEC as Houston Nutt or Mike DuBose.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

BOB STOOPS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar