Smack Jon Gruden for Head Coach of Titans. It's time for a change

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by davidc502, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not defending his record or his ability as a head coach. He should be gone at the end of the season.

We've seen guys get benched for poor play and stupid mistakes. It takes too long in some cases, but it does happen.

It's fine with me too. I just don't think screaming your head off all game is requisite to being a good head coach.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Me neither, trust me. My post about Mike Zimmer screaming at his players on the sideline against the Chargers is something I can co sign with. I want coaches to hold players accountable during the game and not on Tuesday - Friday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd argue that is something that should be left up to position coaches/coordinators on game days. At least on the field. During halftime or between quarters if you want to lay into a guy as a head coach go for it, but I'd be more worried about managing the game.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Mike Zimmer is actually a really good coach who I wouldn't mind having. You all know the reason people always bring up John Gruden. It's cause he yells and screams and curses at people. That is what most fans believe "passion" looks like. It's why people call Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers "competitors" for screaming at their receivers when in reality they're usually just being cry-baby a-holes.

I'd love to have Lovie Smith or ironically enough Jay Gruden. Jay Gruden actually has experience grooming a young QB who wasn't expected to be much. His experience drawing up plays for AJ Green should also help him continue the development of Justin Hunter who is a similar type of player though not quite as good. So I guess my "dream staff" would be Lovie at HC, Jay Gruden at OC, and Zimmer at DC, if that doesn't fix this team nothing will.

5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Again, like posted before, Munch is 4-12 vs AFC South. You cannot defend this, he should be gone. I personally believe Lovie Smith would be an excellent hire. He will transform our Defense into something since we are almost there. Then we might win a few games without scoring 20 plus points.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I don't care who it is as long as it is NOT Munch! I can't really say that because I care tremendously. I am a devoted fan, but this year has been an overwhelming let down to say the least. I do believe that Gruden would do a good job here. He has a much different perspective than we have seen in years. We have been promoting from within for so long that we have forgotten what fresh ideas are. Our LAME, PREDICTABLE, UNCREATIVE play calling has costs us most games we have lost. How can you win a game that everyone including my 16yr old daughter KNOWS the plan for. It's funny and not so funny to be sitting by your teenage daughter and have her tell you what play is coming next. I just hope that we make enough noise as fans that the ownership of this team has to listen!!!

7. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Him or Bruce and the sad part is your probably right

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yes sir, that's a dream..

9. kenny

kenny Starter

I would have to agree with those picks! Any Titans fan would be estatic to see that combo on the sidelines in TN. Yet we all know that will never happen. Too many high profile names in that group. We have never had a high profile name on the sidelines and I fear we never will. I would be extremely happy with Jay Gruden as our HC. I would actually support that over Jon.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's like that insanely hot girl you know you have no chance with... Farnsworth.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar