Johnson rushing resurgence continues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Other than the terrible drop on the screen.. i was happy with CJs game. Didnt hestiate and hit his holes. All we need is 80-110 yards consistently, and no negative yards on a rush.

The question is: do you reaaaaalllly want to still pay him 12mil nxt year to be a bottom top-10 runningback?

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If he's getting 80-110 yards consistently he's not a bottom top 10 RB. He'd be a top, or top 3 RB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's cool.

Would be cooler if it had anything to do with what I'm talking about...

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Perhaps he wasn't replying to anything you said.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's just not that bright IMO, that's why he regurgitates the SAME crap every post game interview.

I don't think he's dumb at all, just not very articulate.

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

He's looked pretty good lately and has definitely been productive but if you ask me he has no doubt lost a step and is not worth the "play maker" money he's being paid. We can get good, "average" production for WAY cheaper than what we have to pay CJ and use all that money to fix other areas that are in desperate need of attention.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

CJ quietly had a pretty good game. The blocking was decent but CJ at beginning of the year would have dropped like a fly as soon as the hole closed, but yesterday he made some really nice cuts, made people miss, and fought for every yard after contact. Which shows the criticism of CJ has been nothing but fair even when the blocking isn't great, if you're a top paid playmaker, you need to make plays even when there isn't a big a** hole and he was doing that yesterday.

As for the way CJ carries himself in interviews, I don't even pay attention, and take nothing at face value. I don't think he's selfish or means to come off as selfish, he's just awkward and nervous in front of cameras.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

That's not really a fair assessment.

Has he lost a step? Absolutely.

But he still runs is say the 4.35-4.45 range and that is not slow by any means.

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

One thing CJ is doing now that he didn't do in the first 4 games was fall forward.
    By falling forward you turn no yard gains into 2 yard gains. 4 yards gains turn into 6. If you fall forward on every carry and you rush 25 times, that's an extra 50 yards by simply falling down

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

His hardest test this year will be next week. Lets hope he/the line is back for real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar