Johnson believes Titans can run the table

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If CJ has that mindset, I bet his game play will reflect. He will play like we are going to run the table and that's bad news for opposing defenses.
    If VY continues to play like he did last Sunday, we are going to run over some teams.
    Dinger needs to open up the playbook and let the O go freakin nuts...passing and running.
    SF has a swarming D. I was quite impressed with their formations and different looks they showed Manning last week. I hope Vince studies plenty of film on them. This won't be easy for us.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

San Fran is really good on the edges which is bad news for CJ. The good news is.. If VY rolls out and freezes the linebackers, he may have 1 on 1 coverage down the field. If they drop their edge defenders back, VY will get a 1st down by running. I am anxious to see how San Fran tries to defend this because with VY in as QB, we are a completely different team.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He's absolutely right - the Titans CAN run the table. Of course that was also true 8 weeks ago. But I like the moxie, anyway. Anyone on the team who doesn't feel that way should be benched or traded. Too much talent on this team to be wasting away behind someone who's just calling it in for 9 games.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but if there is any team that is in a position to counter them being good on the edges, it's us.
    All CJ needs to do is outrun a defender to the corner and turn it...if he does that, he gets at least a decent chunk of yardage that usually results in a 1st down.
    CJ is also good between the tackles...especially with our Oline.
    Lastly, we have beastly edge and downfield blocking WRs.
    SF might be good on the edge, but if CJ sweeps out and manages to get behind someone like Britt...those LBs and DBs better watch out: I could see Britt putting a linebacker right on his arse.

5. World Peace

Peyton couldn't put up a touchdown on San Fran.. but he did pass for 350 yards. They have a vicious defense, and we are playing in their house, but if they try to contain VY... or blitz him, they will get burned. I agree about our blocking. I think if we do win this game, it will be by 3 or less.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If? You mean 'when' and 'how often'. You know very well that with that active defense, they are going to come at him from every angle. I see Vince running some plays similar to the one where he evaded pressure, rolled to the left and hit Britt on the sideline.

I hope we stay in a spread formation...3WR/1TE(Cook or Scaife), and every so often motion the TE out to the other slot. That should keep SF from stacking the box.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think there is a chance we run the table.

But our remaining schedule does appear easier than the start of the season.

@ 49ers: this is a test and a poor game would have everyone believing last week was a fluke.

vs. Bills: should be able to win this, they are sorry and their O-line is poor.

@ Texans: they are better but we should win this, just like we should've won the first one.

vs. Cardinals: their run D is improved so Vince will have to play solid. at least it's a home game.

@ Colts: this is the most likely loss that would kill any running the table talk.

vs. Rams: we should win.

vs. Dolphins: this should interesting, I want to see how/if we can stop the wildcat.

vs. Chargers: I really hope we win this one, the Chargers are becoming on of the teams I really hate.

@ Seahawks: Hate traveling so far out west on our final game of the year, but if the game means something I certainly think we should be able to compete with them.

Oh well, it will be fun to hope for while it last. I think 10-6 would give us a wildcard spot.

8. World Peace

I guess I'm pessimistic but I dont think 10-6 will be enough. @ 10-6 we would need the ravens, the bengals, the dolphins, the texans, chargers, to be 10-6 or worse. I just don't see it. We needa get to 10-6 first. I think we can finish the year 6-10 ... 7-9 realistically, however, I've been asking vince to prove me wrong so I hope he keeps doing his magic.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Much like the Saints. Play wiley on defense to make up for lack of actual skill. It's a result of good coaching and whatnot. However.... a 'swarming' defense could get crushed by someone like Johnson if they swarm to the wrong spot or don't get him in the backfield. Look for some misdirection plays or screen passes to CJ, if we execute then he could see some more huge gains this week.

10. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Let me give an objective assessment a go at it.

@ 49ers = Loss (yes last week's win was a fluke afterall)

vs. Bills = Win

@ Texans = Loss (Williams, Cushing and Ryans r a beast on defense; they added 2 secondary and run defense is much better than 1st game)

vs. Cardinals = Loss (Warner struggling now but will love going against our weak secondary)

@ Colts = Loss (No explanation necessary)

vs. Rams = Win (If we lose this games then the Fish should get da hook!)

vs. Dolphins = Win (Fins are overrated).

vs. Chargers = Loss (Their defense sux, like ours, but their offense is better)

@ Seahawks = Win (Meaningless game, I don't think Fish will tank it)

5 - 11 record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar