John Clayton on NFL cuts and salary cap savings of all 32 teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I saw that last week, it makes me think Clayton has no idea what he's talking about.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

OL Brad Hopkins $11,160,336 $4,608,990
    OL Benji Olson $9,083,250 $5,982,750

dear God that's alot of money for what we get on Sundays?

hey, Soxcat, SK, and Mr. Analyst...
    what do you think of these numbers?

Can the Titans get a better talent/dollar ratio?

4. I said we should cut Hopkins and Olson in my article. They just aren't worth the money.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

Exactly Right.

Cut those two and then move Roos to LT and Bell to RG
    and to fill in the RT spot... Bring back Runyan to fill there for the next two years till we find a replacement

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Runyan will command a lot of money, too much money for us

7. It's entirely possible the coaches would feel comfortable with David Stewart at RT

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

I just threw Runyan out their b/c he played with us during our Super Bowl run and I hadn't heard anything on the younger guys. But if Stewart can play the position with some respect then fine I was just sayin we could bring Runyan in for one more year of learning the spot for stewart.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Seems the cuts are coming, and that drafting an OT on day one is likely as well.

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

I think it would be likely if we had a third round pick but as of right now MLB is a bigger need. Maybe even SLB where Sirmon plays. We could move him over to MLB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar