John Adams

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Anyone else catch the first two segments of John Adams last night? Very well done take on the founding fathers.. Probably available on OnDemand..

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

wish I had seen it.. looks really good

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I saw the episode titled 'Independence'
    great filmmaking imo
    but couldn't figure what was with the odd camera angles

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

I watched it last night. I thought it was very well done. Paul Giamatti did an awesome job in it.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

didn't care for the "Don't tread on Me" (ep3)
    finally got around to watching Ep1 (Join or Die) .. pretty good
    Independence (ep2) best one so far

I must have missed it, but shouldn't the events of the Boston Tea Party been in Ep1 ?

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Ep3 may not be the best, but most important in that John Adams and his son, John Quincy (as you know, both were eventually presidents) went to France to meet up with Franklin and Jefferson; seeking financial & military aid.
    The Franklin "tub scene" was priceless. :ha:

I think they had to explain the Boston Massacre first. His character changed (had to) quite a bit with his post-trial sucess.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just viewed "Reunion"
    by far my favorite so far
    there's some great filmmaking here

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

This thread is killing me... i'm dying to read everyone's thought on the series (which I think thus far has been pretty fantastic), but we're a week behind up here, they just aired the third episode this past Sunday night. I just quickly scrolled down to the bottom and did the "quick reply" to avoid any possible spoilers.

Maybe I'm reading into things, and this might be a bit of a spoiler, but I think this "General Washington" character may go on to do some big things.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I try not to introduce any spoilers for ya

didn't episode 3 suck ?

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I didn't mind it, but I know what you mean. I'm can't think of the precise term, but it was one of those episodes that got a lot of essential plot out of the way. I thought it also shed a lot of light on Adams as a man. It was funny how Franklin played into the euros stereotype of an American, and how the french had heard of his gregarious cousin Sam and seemed disappointed in the less than charismatic John Adams.

The only thing worse than being sick in the 1700s... was being forced to go to the doctor. YIKES! Imagine waking up in the 1700s? Wool suits... influenza... horse crap everywhere. Can you imagine what it smelled like on the city streets of New York or Philadelphia? I think i'd quickly learn to load a pistol... so I could put a bullet in my head (although I'd probably drop dead from food poisoning after my first meal).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar