John Abraham Visits

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 2, 2013.

1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

True story??!
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

wow. how awesome would that be. we'd go from ZERO depth at DE to loaded.
  3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Just heard on nflnetwork that even if we sign Abraham we could still look to sign Freeney. Best offseason ever if we get both
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Talk about an old defensive line. I'd still do it lol
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm pretty sure we don't. Nor would I want both really.

They would serve the same role in terms of what they do and how they play - even their body types. Both are more speed rushers and smaller in stature. However, saying that, they are both true 4-3 DE (unlike KW who I still see as more a 3-4 OLB) and therefore could have a positive influence on both Ayers/KW learning and re-learning to play there (KW played 4-3 end in college I think).

Of the three we've brought in, Israel and John would be my first choices. Really either or I'd be happy and both would help.

In Israel we get a more effective big guy who can be put aside Casey/Hill/Morgan in 'bigger' packages - switching Morgan with Ropati in 'huge' packages. He will also serve as insurance to Morgan if we were to lose him to injury (not sold on Ropati yet as a starter in the event of injury). Even though older, I'd probably prefer him to Ropati. Its funny, if we were to get Israel we'd really have two 3-4 ends (not sure we'd do it as you still need a NT, probably bigger and more physical backers), but that's interesting nonetheless.

In John we would get a guy who can speed rush off the edge and maybe show KW/Ayers some things. He would also be a good guy to spell KW/Morgan, perhaps more so than Israel/Ropati.

As for Dwight, I feel he is more on the downside of his career. I know he was playing last year standing up as a 3-4 'backer and he is a true 4-3 DE, but between him and John I'd take the ex-Falcon.

And if really we are to get 2 DE, I'd for sure take the preferred option of John/Israel for what I see as the better players and those who also happen to give you more flexibility as well as insurance. I'd also be ok with Freeney/Israel as it would also still provide that same flexibility. HOWEVER, if we were to get both John and Freeny, I just don't see how all these little DE would get a chance to play (KW/Ayers/John/Freeny?)
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Ruston Webster da gawd
  8. Passepartout

Passepartout Can't wait for NFL Season!

He has one good year left as hopefully it will be great in TN if, just if the team signs him.