John Abraham is better than Super Mario!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by satkins2252, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Ok. Yes the title was created to grab your attention.

So I have done some research and I have no doubt we are better off to sign John Abraham and not Mario Williams.

First and most obviously, he comes at a cheaper cost. It is suprising though, that he is the one we could expect more production from. I will back this statement up now.

2. Abraham has a 77.2% chance of producing a sack per start. Mario has 64.6% chance per start.

3. Over Mario's career, Abraham has produced more sacks than Mario with Abraham totalling 58.5 to Mario's 53.

4. Mario appears to be declining in production while Abraham has produced no lower than 9.5 sacks over the last 5 years with the exception of 1 season(9.5 sacks is higher than Mario's past 3 season sack totals).

Abraham should have at least 2-3 years left while we repair the DL in future drafts.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I gotta ask...are you John Abraham?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Signing a 34 year old defensive end would be s-t-u-p-i-d. This team will more than likely be hitting its stride in 2 years, when Abraham will be 36 and probably on his way out.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Agreed

We still need two defensive ends, Abraham will only address this situation for a year or so and we will have another hole. I know we still have high hopes for Morgan, but for some reason I am doubting his durability.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Is this real life?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You wanted more opinions, but you're getting the same responses I've been giving you the past couple of days.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its kind of like you are about to turn 16 and get your first car.

Instead of a muscle car, you get the family mini van.

Better than nothing, but you know. And at this point we have been promised niether.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Wasn't it the same with Javon Kearse?

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Atlanta needs to go ahead and resign Abraham to a 2 year deal. I'm not really sure how much money he is demanding, but I'm guessing it's out the Falcons' range, since they haven't resigned him yet. It's hard to believe he is 34. It seems like he has been in the league 30 years.

However, you do understand that Abraham is not in his prime anymore, right? I still would entertain the idea of giving him a 1-2 year deal though, without breaking the bank.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

As much as these posters are hating on your idea... This is exactly the kind of move this organization would do. Pass on marios giant contract, find a serviceable de for 2 years max, pay him while our other rookie is getting his feet under him.

We rotate anyway, so I don't see how this could be a bad move. We need depth at the position and it's not all going to come from the draft

Morgan, resign ball, sign abraham, draft 2 DEs. Probably grab another UDFA.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar