Joey Bosa(2016) vs Derrick Morgan(2011)..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This just proves he shouldn't be taken first overall.

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

still, with my last post said -- I've been on the Ramsey bus for a few weeks now...

Would I love for us to take Bosa? Yes. Will I defend his game when I see false assumption made? Yes. But Ramsey is an all around talent that we take 9/10 of the time in the right scenario....

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Pretty scary close comparisons lol

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I understand you're a big Bosa fan but he was a disappointment in that game. I didn't see #1 pick from that performance. He doesn't have elite pass rushing skills and relies on bullying tackles who have lesser length. He wins with power, how will that transfer against bigger OTs compared to the ones he faced in college? He lacks explosion and I don't think he has the speed to turn the corner. He's a 4-3 DE and barely has any experience dropping into coverage, so I can't even imagine how he projects as a 3-4 OLB. He needs to shed weight if he comes here. He's a good run defender with pass rushing skills, that's how I view him in the NFL. He either didn't try as hard last year or was exposed, neither is good. He shouldn't have had that steep of a drop off production wise.

Overall, I don't want to draft a guy who is a better fit in the 4-3 and who is better against the run than the pass at the next level. That doesn't scream #1 pick to me. If you're drafting a DE #1 you better make sure he fits your scheme so you can get the most out of your investment and he should be able to be able to get to the QB consistently. Right now, I don't buy him as a 10 sack guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Simply put, none of Bosa's comparisons are players who were drafted in the top 10...let alone as the first pick in the draft. Morgan's a pretty good comparison. Ryan Kerrigan is another (mid-late first rounder).

Bosa SHOULD drop out of the top 10 except for comparative need. Some GM's will probably feel better about drafting Bosa than say Dodd who was a 1 yr wonder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

*Mario Williams | North Carolina State, DE : 2006 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Mario Williams and JJ Watt were the sickest players based on their workout numbers. Williams was almost inhuman with these numbers. 6'7 295 4.76, 1.59 split, 40" vertical, 35 reps. Huh?

This is the kind of guy you take at #1.

Then there is the effort issue. Bosa had a Clowney like last year at OSU. He was not as good as the year before.

Tunsil is the better prospect and fills the bigger need.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't "watch film" because I have a busy job and other hobbies, but when I watched Ogbah play, he was always disruptive.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That MSU game on Bosa is a good one to gauge how he does in the pros. He couldn't handle the NFL caliber LT they have. He really belongs on the left side vs RT's and TEs

10. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Bosa's floor is Morgan, his ceiling is Greg Hardy without beating women. Some compare him to Strahan... if you knew he was going to be Strahan you take him #1 not matter the defense you run.

He's a top 10 pick that I wouldn't mind us taking if we traded back and Ramsey/Tunsil/Jack are all gone.

This EDGE class is weak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar