Joe Paterno out at Penn State

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Shanvhere, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude you even have some kind of troll badge as your avatar. It's not like you're trying to hide the fact that you're a troll.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I own the troll badge because people assume you're a troll the moment you have something slightly different than the sheepish opinion.

3. Lmao ok man. I digress but you and I both know you love getting on here and going against the grain to get people riled up.

In other news, Mike Madden (who broke the Sandusky story back in April) says that the 2nd Mile Foundation was pimping out kids to the rich donors....WOW

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It is sad to see it end this way for him, but it was the right thing to do (I am guessing he would agree with this if asked privately).

He did nothing wrong legally, but morally/ethically he did, and I think he knows that.

That said, I totally agree with Erick...that display by the students should be an embarrassment to colleges and university life in general IMO. I mean, come on....when this all shakes out the result was a football coach losing his job... I say again... a FOOTBALL COACH. The crimes alleged and discussed in the grand jury testimony are horrible, and both the action and timing of action by the trustees was ABSOLUTELY justified. I sincerely hope these kids actually read the grand jury testimony document before continuing with their stupid display of idiocracy.

Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is an awful story, it sucks for everyone involved, even current students who had nothing to do with the allegations. Even sucks for us here and every other college football fan.

The Board of Trustees' did the right thing here, but Paterno going out like this blows. Of course not as sad for him, as those who were abused, but it just sucks.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm glad he got fired and everyone even close to this situation needs to be fired. Yeah it's sad this how Joe Pa ends from a sports perspective but taking out football for a second I couldn't care less about his legacy now.

As for the students protesting, they're all idiots. They don't even know what they're protesting they're just doing it to cause trouble. Bravo to the one student who actually has a brain and that guy should be worried about safety with all those drunk idiots around.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

"With The Benefit Of Hindsight, I Wish I Had Done More" -Joe Pa

No $#!t.

Is he upset because it happened, or because it all became public? He had plenty of time to be upset and outraged about it when he was informed 9 years ago.

This whole situation is dirtier than Al Bundy's underwear. RIP Joe Pa's career. Too bad everyone's going to rightly remember you as a child molesting enabler.

I can't imagine there's a worse way to end a historic career. He totally could have saved face by airing out the abuse to the authorities rather than letting it be swept under rug.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The odd thing in all of this is how it seems like we all see Paterno as the victim.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

“(Paterno) is ultimately responsible for anything that happens while he’s the head coach there, and so he knows he has a lot of responsibility in this.”
    -Munchak

So, if for no other reason or wrongdoing, he needs to go simply because something like this happened for a decade or more in HIS program.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's being victimized by the media.

They ignore the 2 most responsible in this case and basically paint Joe Pa as if he were the one to do it, simply because he's the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar