Joe Looney signed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan8425, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Alot of complaining about o linemen. Mariota was sacked zero times. They may not be pro bowlers but if the can protect Mariota they are improving. Sure he is mobile and that helps. I saw a stat somewhere that he was blitzed 7 times and completed all 7 passes for over 120 yards, so keep that up.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

True...but much of why they didn't give up sacks is due to Mariota's quick release and decision making......Just look at Mett.....There is your answer. Same guys on the front line.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really hate it too, I rather go the FA route as well. Just hope Webster (or whoever it will be) isn't trigger shy after the Levitre signing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The OL has been atrocious this season. Just because the OL finally stepped up and New Orleans barely blitzed doesn't mean our issues have magically been solved. If the unit puts together a nice run then we may be on to something.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Problem is, there's not a ton of legit free agent offensive linemen this year: 2016 NFL Free Agents List | NFL Trade Rumors - NFL Rumors

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

True, but that run has to start somewhere. I have been really negative on this team so I'm willing to give some credit when they do good. Zero sacks and only 2 hits is a good start.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

still bothers me that we did not sign wisniewski at center in the off season we had the cap space and it was crystal clear we needed a center and the guy is 26

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. MarcAurelius

MarcAurelius Special Teams Standout

Just posted in the "Mariota is clutch" thread a couple highlighted plays from yesterday (should be on page 7 of the thread).
    Mariota is "clutch" | Page 7 | goTitans | a Tennessee Titans Fan Forum

Basically, Looney had his first start at LG yesterday and already the Titans were utilizing a "tap to snap" signal on the road in clutch situations with a rookie center who has hasn't even been starting for a month.

Honestly, was floored by how well the OL pass protected yesterday as the game progressed.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Helps that saint defense sucks they did just give up 6 td's to eli manning. Lets see how they block against the panthers who bring it unlike the aints. Still not sure Poutasi is a bad player, but whiz put him in terrible situations like one on one with JJ Watt.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Also makes a difference when you have a qb capable of regularly getting rid of the ball quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar