Joe Biddle, Tennessean, 1-5-08

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Knowing that expectations are low, I would also open up the game plan a little--might as well let them play and see how it works.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Collins is what, 1-3 as starter. Collins has a worse qb rating, worse record, and worse td-int ratio as a Titan. It's a no brainer. Vince is the 'da man. Collins is the relief.

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

collins probably gives the team the best chance to win

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Clearly not, he's 1-3 as starter. Vince Young is 17-11 as starter. Where's the logic? The better chance to win is with Vince.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Apparently some of you missed a major point: Vince Young has not won a game for anyone this season. It could even be argued that Collins got us to the playoffs because VY was injured and benched.

Nobody here is down on KFC more than me; but the fact remains that he can do one thing that Vince can't: throw the damn ball. :irked: I'm pretty sure that's a major part of a QB's job.

And KTown, that Joker sig ROCKS!

6. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

KFC won 1 game--the Texan game that VY surely would have won. Vince outplayed KFC at Ind last week and would have won that game in a blowout if the RBs could hold on to the ball. He has had a 100 QB rating in 3 of the last 5, so the argument that he can't throw doesn't hold much weight.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I could understand this if it was week 6 or something and you were saying Tennessee didn't have the steam or what have you to keep winning down the stretch... but I've always thought, regardless of seeding, regardless of record that just being in the playoffs made a team a true contender. I mean, you don't get any closer than contending for a Super Bowl than actually participating in the post season, right?

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

If KFC plays instead of VY, we're dead.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So far, Young has had his better games in the national spotlight. Let's hope that holds true today.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

VY has better passing stats than Collins too, which is why the arguments for Kerry make no sense whatsoever. Theres no logic to it. VY has him beat in every statistical category with the Titans, and most importantly, he wins, and Kerry does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar