Joe Biddle, Tennessean, 1-5-08

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Joe repeated something I've been hearing alot of this week, "Start Collins if you want to win this game." I heard that someone ran a local poll, "Start Young or Collins?" and it came up 50-50. Joe believes that we should 'sit' the QB that brought us to the playoffs and use the backup QB in his stead.
    My opinion, for what its worth, we won't get far into this years playoffs. We're good, but not that good, and the injuries............OUCH!
    There are a couple reasons for starting Collins;
    1. He's not injured
    2. He has playoff experience, and that's valuable.
    I'm going with #2 but in a different way. Let Vince get his playoff experience now. If we can keep our roster basically the same next year and add a gamer here and there, we could go deep into the playoffs in 08. This experience for Young could be extremely valuable. Beating SD is possible, but winning the Super Bowl this season is going to take Divine Intervention, 3 Music City Mirales, 4 Acts of Congress and a mulligan or two. Lets get what we can out of this, experience for Vince.
    If Young can't physically start, you have to go with your backup QB. But if he can start, its his team. He got us here, let him finish the job.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Last time a team did that, the music city miracle happened.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you forgot at least one "immaculate reception". :grrhee:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Hi BiPolar, haven't talked to you in a while. Spending more time on the smack boards?
    The problem with the "Immaculate Reception" was, was it legal?
    1. Franco is quiet on whether or not the ball touched the ground.
    2. Back in those 'old school' days of football, it was considered an incomplete pass if two players on the same team touch the pass. Similar as to what happened to Bo last week. He got hit at the same moment he contacted the ball which sent the ball flying. It was caught by another Titan, but you know where this is going.
    With Bo and Williams healthy, I would give us a good shot at winning this game. But, taking away 2 of Youngs better receiver outlets, a place that we have been extremely weak at, our odds went from 6 1/2 to 9 1/2 overnight.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Young can go. Young should go. This is the start of a string of playoff runs for the Titans, the experience will help him for the future.

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I can't get the memory of the last time we played San Diego in San Diego

Collins was destroyed ....

If Collins plays, you know that he's going to hand off or throw and that makes defending him that much easier.

With that being said, I want to see Vince start, but if he gets hurt again or struggles really bad, I won't be disappointed to see Collins go in.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

No reservations about this one considering our stellar west coast record. :grrhee:

1999 week 4. loss @ SF
    there were no west coast games on TEN schedule during 2000 season.
    2001 week 15. win @ OAK
    2002 week 4. loss @ OAK
    2002 Conference Championship. loss @ OAK
    there were no west coast games on TEN schedule during 2003 season.
    2004 week 4. loss @ SD
    2004 week 15. loss @ OAK
    there were no west coast games on TEN schedule during 2005 season but Tennessee did travel ARZ and lose.
    2006 week 2. loss @ SD
    there were no west coast games on TEN schedule during 2007 regular season.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i say we play VY, at least until he gets knocked out in the 2nd quarter...then KFC gets his shot

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I can't believe there is actually discussion about this! We HAVE to play Young! Are you kidding me people! Collins is great coming in as a change of pace but he's a one dimensional QB to say the least! Do you think Collins has any chance in hell of producing with the kind of pressure SD will put on him? VY got us here. VY is the leader of this team. VY starts this game.

10. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I really do think he will start it but he won't finish and Kerry will come in and HELP win the game for us. I say help because its gonna take more than good Q.B play to win. We need a great team effort to overcome the Chargers starting in the trenchs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar