JJ Watt...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if we trade back no more than 14 to the lions as after that i feel that all three will be off the board before us...trade back to upper teens if anyone wants to move up then pick up another second or third

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Guarantee huh? Oops!

And if yo stack 20 more lbs on watt, he also will have a worse vertical shuttle and cone than he does at 290.

You know that dareus is a better run defender, and played a lot of nt. Move him to 4-3 dt and you should get a complete player. We know he can take on and defeat double teams and has the burst and hands to be an effective pass rusher.

Watt will neither be a great run defender as a 43 dt not a great pass rusher as a 43 de. He's a balanced player who's height and size make him a better 34 player IMO.

Gut

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watt's workout can only be described as outstanding.

He had a better cone and shuttle than Morgan did last year. His 10 yard split was solid 1.64.

He lifted well 34 reps and he had the 2nd best vertical and the second best broad jump among d-linemen.

Because we are going to play a 7 technique i think he can be great as our strong side DE with Morgan on the other side. Maybe he would not be a double digit sack guy but he can give you 8 sacks a year and yes he can go inside and rush the passer from there.

But what i really like about him is that he can do little things to help us win, he did that for the Badgers. He hustles and makes plays downfield. He has a high football IQ and he will get his hands on a lot of passes.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think the best thing about Watt is that he's got plenty of room for improvement. Not saying the guys needs it, but just 2 years ago he played in every game at tight end as a true freshman. Now he's a DE, and forgoing his senior season. The skys the limit for this guy.

Another selling point here is how Watt knocks tight ends off route before making his rush. I can think of 2 games last year he'd have helped us slow down TE's, maybe winning us the games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ohio State game in which Watt had 2 sacks and pressured Pryor relentlessly. Also a showcase for what a great athlete Pryor is.

In one play Watt lines up on the nose and makes the center wiff on a sick move.

Note that the Buckeyes had one of the best offensive lines in the country. 1 1st team all big ten O-linemen and 2 2nd team all big ten o-linemen.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

THIS is the guy I want, if we traded back with say the Lions/Rams area. Although, he might not even be available then!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is the ONLY player coming out that I'm sure will be a great player. So many questions floating around most of this years top 20 guys.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2011&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Watt had a lot better shuttle and cone than Quinn who is supposed to be the primo athlete at that position. That's carrying 25 more pounds. In fact Watt was the only DE prospect at the combine to run a sub 7 second cone time and he was well below 7 seconds with a 6.88. His shuttle was the second best at the combine at that position.

There is a video of his workouts before the combine and his cone workout is amazing. He's just such a naturally big guy but can make those sharp cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQUxtKvq6g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar