Jim Wyatt's Breakdown of who will be back next yr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah don't let facts interfere with anything.

Elfinmagic53 = Mr.E ???????????

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm no Mr.!

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mr. E hates everyone, not loves them.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Good point

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Lamont will be gone, Fuller will take his place and the jury is still out on what happens to Tank - in all likelyhood he's gone too or kept for depth. We'll find a SS on the FA market.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

FA might be the most effective way to find a SS at decent value. We may need a vet to play opposite Fuller anyway because if we go SS in the draft we would essentially have two rookies back there (not that they could be any worse than what we had last year).

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rich gardner gone?

I'm assuming these lists have to do with who will be in camp, under contract not predictions of who will be cut in camp.

Why would a third year, third rd draft choice not be in camp? Gardner didn't show much as a corner but he is a good special teams player and i would think they would give him a shot. Don't tell me he isn't under contract for his third season.

As for benji(the dog) i say cut him loose. Any mediocre veteran can be picked up for half his price tag. Maybe stewart or bell will be ready to step in and own that spot for the next several years. I like stewart but he is tall for a guard.

8. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I remember that the coaching staff was all in love with Vinny Fuller before his injury, but some of you seem ready to hand over the starting job @ FS to him. To be honest, I can barely remember the guy. He got hurt real early. Why do you guys think he will be an improvement over Lamont? And don't just say it will be addition by subtraction here, he was good enough to play here for a couple of years, and he is better than Nickey would be.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Can Fuller walk and chew gum at the same time?
    If so he is an upgrade to Lamont.
    All joking aside, Fuller cannot be any worse and has some upside. Lamont has had his chance and failed. His money would be better spent on a FA.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Lamont was signed to a long term deal, less than a year ago. Why would the team take a cap hit and release him one year later?

Bah, not gonna happen:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar