Jim Schwartz...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Is he to blame for the lame prevent D we run when we have a lead or Fisher? We'll probably never know but I sure as chit still hate it.

I don't believe in easing up on defence with a bend don't break style to protect a lead. Once we do that it seems like we can't turn it up a notch again when we need to.

Credit to Schwartz for this year & last year but if he left I wouldn't lose any sleep.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The dolphins of the early 70s were an over achieving group which is why the DC bill arnsbarger was widely considered the best at that time.

There were 21 pro bowls on that unit. Bounaconti is in the hall of fame with 8 pro bowls. Their 2 safeties long the best combo in the league had 8 pro bowls between them jake scott 5 and dick anderson 3.

DE bill stanfill made 5 pro bowls. The dolphins then had several solid players who were widely recognized as good players who never made a pro bowl. DT manny fernandez was a super bowl mvp, doug swift was a very solid linebacker in the sirmon mode. Curtis johnson was regarded as a top CB for several years even though he never made a pro bowl.

Another thing to think about with the dolphins unit is while they were good for several years they were truly great for just one. In the 5 year playoff run from 71-75 the average ranking was 8th out of 28 teams. In 72 they were 1st.

FYI in the 4 years before shula the dolphins defense average ranking was 7th.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Simply not true. Do you not remember how much man we played before getting Harper??? Do you really think Harper would survive in man coverage. Schwartz didn't think so either, so he made adjustments. He also shuffled the D-Line around for the '07 season. Hell, a lot of personnel and schemes changed from the '06 season to the '07 season.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Im sorry but to One yr of a somewhat sucessful Defense, and 3 games into this season doesn't wash away the bad taste that he's left in everyones mouthes all these years (bad analogy I know) Schwartz has always been a passive aggressive Coach, he would blitz only in certain situations (like when the other team was expecting it), and it was a cardinal sin to blitz more than 2x's in one defensive series. But now the kid has become more agrressive, taking shots blitzing on 1st down as well as 2nd back to back at times, run downs as well as Passing downs. We got caught a couple of times with the TE screen last week, but for the most part he has beeen picking his spots well. Harper has not been exposed for the Bum that he is in coverage, and the team is looking solid.

Like others have said, let's play a close game and see if he remains aggressive, or see if he puts the turttle in the shell, and his head in the sand. Or is the Dfense suffers an injury, and he calls of the dogs and t]lets a teams 3rd string back chew us up.

I for one Dislike Scwartz as our DC and hopes he leaves.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Even after 3 successful games I still don't like him.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

So is Scwartz does get a HC gig next season with of the following three do you think get promoted?:
    Dave McGinnis
    Jim Wasburn
    Chuck Cecil

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

definately.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

McGinnis would be my guess.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

fisher isn't going anywhere so that question is irrelevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar