Jim Schwartz...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Sorry Hoffa, didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings :cry:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat and schwartz bashers.

Schwartz had three seasons when we were significantly short on manpower on defense. 01-04-05. When schwartz has had talent the results have been good to outstanding. Doesn't this indicate that he is a pretty good coach if he has something to work with?

His success seems to mirror that of our head coach.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Thats exactly what I've been trying to explain to Hoffa for about five posts, unfortunately it resulted in my receiving an infraction for calling him a name...

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Roll, I understand your point...But, because we have a dominating Big Al, one of the best pass rushers in KVB, a very underrated Tony Brown and a LB corps consisting of Bulluck and unheralded David Thornton, not to mention the unstoppable Finnegan coupled with Hope and Griff in the secondary; I expect very big things from this unit everytime they're on the field. Schwartzie needs to stay away and not try to scheme too much, just let them play, the only thing he can do is fudge it up. I would give him credit if he deserved it in my opinion, but we have made over the entire defense, in essence to make up for the coaching deficiencies, instead of vice versa.

Go Chief Red Hat:)

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Schwartz grades..

2001-C
    2002-B+
    2003-B
    2004-D
    2005-C
    2006-F
    2007-A
    2008-B+

Gradepoint average 2.37

Last year if you guys recall people were predicting a crap season in part because of the loss of some starters on defense, pacman most notably, and question marks at other areas. We were 32nd in 06 and some anal-ysts thought we might even be worse.

Give schwartz some credit from the turnaround from 06 to 07 even though our personel didn't change much at all.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Big Al finally had a consistent year, and Finnegan surprised us all. That is what made last year's D so good. Congrats Jim

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Lighten up newb, or you'll never get to go to school with Joe Nedney's leg...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really hope Schwartz will get a HC job. I'll be thrilled, as long as it's not us.

I think Schwartz has proven that with the players he needs for his system (a very strong front 4, smart safeties) that he will succeed.

To me, he's also proven two other things:

1) Without players that fit his system, he will not make adjustments regardless of how exposed the defense becomes. EVEN IF the players were so bad that they wouldn't succeed in any system, Schwartz will only play his system. He will not attempt to change it.

2) He will always play soft to protect a lead. His defense will almost always give up more late in a game with a lead, than at any other point. His D plays to attempt to keep the clock moving, not to dominate or truly finish off an opposing O.

If a coach does amazing with amazing talent... I think more of the credit goes to the talent. If the coach does well with not so much talent... that's when I really give a coach a lot of credit.

Schwartz isn't as horrible as we all make him out to be. But he's very replaceable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Until our D goes to crap, Jim has done a fine job. No complaints here.

10. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I think our personnel is taking care of business in spite of Schwartz's "schemes".

His sideline presence will cost us about 2 games this year. Watch and see what I tell you. It's an annual occurrence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar